1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help on R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ireuna, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ireuna

Ireuna New Member

ok so i need to format it once i insert into my desktop.. but they say that the files are read-only and cant be formated
    i wanna download new games on dslite
    help!!!!!!!!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

wrong place to post...should be technical help-don't worry it will be moved when needed...

Ok, you have an r4-is it the revolution (it should say on the label)?

Hrm, it seems the trouble is the SD card that is inserted-what brand and how much can it hold (1gb, 4gb, etc)...

Have you got your r4 to work in the past?

3. Ireuna

Ireuna New Member

yes its the revolution for DS ...
    i think its 2GB
    i just bought it so.... its new T_T!
    Post Merge: [time]1247755564[/time]
    soooo anyone??

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What brand is the SD card?

R4 isn't my specialty, but with enough info prehaps someone can help-just be patient and keep checking back :)

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's likely that this is a fake R4 or one of those silly M3 R4's

6. neim81094

neim81094 Active Member

Ok it's actually quite simple, even though everybody who has a flash cart should no this, if ur gonna format it, FORMAT IT SEPERATLY NOT INSIDE THE R4, lol i know it sounds weird, but u can actually do that, now what I'm suggesting is a little time consuming depending on how much stuff u have on ur memory, delete all the files you can by urself, when the "only read me" files show up dont try to manually delete it, then just simply go to the X: drive, right click it and format it, i wouldnt quick format either, it's time consumin, but imagine a 8Gb(I have a TTi 8gb) if that doesnt help, bro then that could also mean that A) ur micro sd card is corrupt or B) u have no clue wat ur doin lol

7. HottSushiz

HottSushiz Well-Known Member

Are you able to change the Read Only by right clicking on the file, then properties, then there's 2 boxes in the attributes section, if your able to untick the Read Only it should work, it only happens to my mums computer for some apparent reason. Although when i download files from my computer, the problem doesn't occur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.