1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help on Pokemon Global Link Black and White

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by broman, Sep 3, 2011.

1. broman

broman Active Member

I have a us rom for Pokemon White now, but when I go to enter my Game Sync ID, global link puts the following: Can't register game sync id. The game card is for a different region." Originally the game was japanese, but I converted the save file to us when it came out. I don't know how to fix this..... please help. Thanks.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Oh god. Why won't you guys give enough info? Which flashcard and firmwire? Which region is the rom (E), (F) ?

3. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

He said the US ROM

4. broman

broman Active Member

Sorry, Acekard 2i, originally had the japanese white, loaded the us and changed the name of the save file. I use akaio.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Did you previously generate the GAME SYNC ID via the JPN rom? If yes, that could be the problem. The save file will register the GAME ID of the JPN rom, but when played via the US rom, the GAME ID does not match between the rom and the one registered in the save file. GAME SYNC ID is randomly generated each time you create a new save file. If not mistaken, the first or last 2 digit of the ID refer to the region. And per Pokemon Dream World account can only save a pair of GAME ID (1 for white and 1 for black).

6. broman

broman Active Member

I did generate the id when it was jp. So, if I save again, will that change the id, or do I have to start all over? Thanks

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Well, you can try doing that. If that don't work, then obviously you'll need to start the game all over again for the US white rom. If you had played the white version far enough and feel that it would be a waste if deleted, best I suggest is to download the US black version for playing online. Do note that by playing from zero would mean you won't have the liberty ticket that you had acquired before. But it can be generated/injected using the JPN wondercard or using cheat code/pokesav or even using the distribution cart method (need 2 NDS to do the transfer). Or you can always do an ingame trading with someone.