1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help...new to this....downloaded onto chip but not appearing on Dsi??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by clazzle, Feb 11, 2010.

1. clazzle

clazzle New Member

HI
    I'm sorry to be a bit behind the times. Have just got a DSi ...recieved my sd card etc today.

Downloaded Professor Layton, seemed to work ok, extracted files ok but when i put r4i card into ds the only new thing i can notice is an icon which says ' Star Wars' Lethal alliance ubisoft, when i click start all i get is black bottom screen....white top screen with word menu in red and a ? The files was .nds so not sure where my problem lies

I'm desperate to get gaming...please can anyone help???

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sounds like your missing firmware.

Read the common issues thread, links to firmware may be there.

3. clazzle

clazzle New Member

Thank you....i'm just looking into this now!!

4. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

well i learned how to fix this off of youtube. i know they have that proublem on there and is really easy to fix and install the firmware to ur sd card and after you get that down and fixed you gotta move to the next step and thats installing Snes on ur card to play them badass super nintendo games on ur card ! and thnx to seth you can even download the snes games on here from his site! 8)

5. clazzle

clazzle New Member

so i looked at you tube and have sorted the first problem i had ...adding firmware and formatting card etc.. The games still don't appear to be in the folder i created though....guess will keep trying!!!

6. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

try copying them to the root diectory

7. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

use all cap letters for folder on root like so " GAMES " and make sure ur downloading .nds file

8. stevenson226

stevenson226 New Member

very confused now! downloading games fine but they are RAR files ? is this correct? also how do i save them to my CHIP?

9. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

You have to EXTRACT the files from the RAR archives and then move them in your GAMES folder. Use Winrar to do this
    http://www.rarlab.com/download.php

10. sweetladytoo

sweetladytoo Active Member

My problem was nothing appearing on my NDS
    black screen
    kept saying file ''loader xxx'' is missing''

I got the problem all sorted via using this link below

Is your firmware ok? working properly...
    Try the firmware from Team M3. R4 v2.2

http://www.ndsfirmware.com/firmware/R4_M3team.zip

not sure if this is off any help......good luck

SL

11. omf

omf New Member

Hi, looking for help. I have downloaded and extracted firmware for SD Card. Have got the RAR file, downloaded and extracted games. labelled a folder under games and transferred all onto SD Card. All I get is a white bottom screen and menu? Losing the will to live:)

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

omf: you have the wrong firmware or its not installed properly.