1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help needed asap plz kids driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by jennifer091, Oct 28, 2010.

1. jennifer091

jennifer091 New Member

hi. i am new to this don't know if i am in the right place but here is my prob my kids were giving a r4i sdhc card and the games wont play they will load on the the Nintendo D's but when you touch the game to play it says filsave not found.can anyone please help me before my kids drive me nuts.thanks

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What file save cannot be found? The game or the R4iSDHC is saying this? And what games, what firmware (if you know), and other information would make this confusing post easier to read.

3. jennifer091

jennifer091 New Member

all the games on the card say the same thing savfile not found please reset system

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If your kid's R4i cart not yet have WAIO or YSMEMU/TTMENU as their secondary firmware, try installing one.

Try adding WAIO.NDS from : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

Its the easiest to install as its only basic Drag and Drop method. Download the file from Coolkill3r with the name WAIO for R4 Clones. Cause your kid's cart are R4i which is a clone version of the original R4.

There's the tutorial when you click SPOILER below it. Simply follow how to install it and it should temporarily fix your issue. You might want to keep the link to it for later, since this firmware get updated each time new games are released.

Other than that, you might need to also upgrade your kid's cart with the latest kernel version for R4i, you can find it here: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
    Follow the instructions on how to install it.

I won't recommend trying to install YSMENU since its a bit tricky for parents unless someone in this forum willing to provide you with a package of his/her entire latest kernel and firware copy. I can't provide you with one cause I'm using the original R4 version.

Also I should bring forward to your knowledge that most game roms this days requires some patching, so you might want to look around for it too according to what your kids are playing at the moment. Patches available here are mostly in the form of xDelta or Rudolph versions. If you don't understand how to do the patching, best is you look around for someone who had uploaded a game rom marked as 'pre-patched'. In here, members who usually upload such pre-patched games are Kiekoes, Totallydood, Halo-101, Zaetrix, Solnano, Coolkill3r, and a few random members. But those are the season members who host such files.

Post Merge: [time]1288279177[/time]
    It could also mean your kid's cart had a missing file. I experience such issue before on my other cart which is a firelink cart. I simply upgrade it with the latest kernel version from linfoxdomain. Maybe your kid had accidentally deleted something without realising it.

But it would be safe to try install WAIO first and see if it solve your problem. You need to also have a WINRAR or 7zip to extract those files. You can download a free 7zip version in the net, or use a trial ware for WINRAR.

If you decide to try upgrading the cart, remember to duplicate it into your computer first, just in case things go wrong. Might want to ask your kins or friend's kids who know about this, as its rather tricky.

5. jennifer091

jennifer091 New Member

thank you all for your help but i am a child when it comes to computer stuff some one i know tried to fix it for me and said it worked on there Nintendo D's but still not on mine

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You mean to say that the person who tried to assist uses your kid's cart to play on his/her console? If so, the problem still do not lie in the console your kids have. Its with the cart. Considering your unfamiliarity with this issue, I best suggest that you contact that person again or someone you think capable. To look into the issue again.

Please take note on the links I had given just in case that person could make use of it to solve your kid's cart problem.

Edit:
    1. Basically you just need to google search for a WINRAR or 7zip. Download it and install it in your PC.
    2. Download the WAIO file that I had linked by choosing SAVE in the dialog box, keep it in the My Document folder or somewhere you feel easy to locate afterwards
    3. When download complete, choose OPEN and choose EXTRACT, choose REPLACE so that it be saved into the same folder as the .rar file you had downloaded earlier
    4. Go to the folder and open it, you should see;
    a. _rpg
    b. _DS_MENU.DAT
    c. WAIO.nds
    d. some .txt files
    5. Drag all that you see inside the folder except the ones marked as .txt into the cart
    6. run it, highlight WAIO.nds, press A or use your touch pen twice
    7. try loading the game, if it run, your problem is solved.
    8. if not, you need to ask for assistance from someone capable that you know to help upgrade your kids cart using the link from linfoxdomain. Download the latest file according to the name of your cart which you see on the label/box.