1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help! My R4i keeps crashing!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Xguy900, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xguy900

Xguy900 Member

I had my R4i for about 8 months and its already crashing... I can't even boot it anymore! i have to wait like 20 seconds or else it will get stuck on Loading... Also whenever i do get a successful boot when i enter a game is crashes... :( i tried re- installing the version 1.55 but that didn't work and i also deleted 1 GB worth of things (about 7 diffrent games) which was just a waste of time and possibly made it worse... help plz....

2. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

wow since when did winterreise com back? well anyway after formatting and it still doesn't work, try upgrading to a later kernel

3. Xguy900

Xguy900 Member

sorry im not the best at this but how do you reformat? and also what do you mean by later kernal? 1.55 is the last one they made...

4. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

Xguy your best hope it to probally buy AceKard 2.i or something like that. R4 and R4i are probally the worst emulators ever.

5. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

They aren't emulators at all. They're flashcarts.

Anyway Xguy900, to answer your question, to format , first you want to back up the contents of your MicroSD (copy everything into a folder on your PC somewhere).
    Then, go into My Computer, right click on the MicroSD, and choose format, then click ok. This will delete everything from your card.
    Then copy everything back onto your MicroSD from the folder you made.
    Then, go to http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ and find your card (there are alot of cards called R4i so make sure it's the right one) and download the latest firmware/kernal.
    Then extract the contents onto your card.
    That should work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.