1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help me selecting the best microsd card for my r4ds

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Sugiarto, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Sugiarto

Sugiarto Member

plz help me selecting the best 2gb microsd card for my r4ds which one should i buy 2gb sandisk 2gb premier microsd ,standard 2gb sandisk micro sd or 2gb japan kingston microsd ? which card can play ds games at 100% speed(no lag)?

2. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

Pretty much any of them will work, really. It all depends on what games you plan on playing.

For the compatabilities, go here.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Id say Kingston or Sandisk, i have Kingston and have never had a problem

4. Sugiarto

Sugiarto Member

is it available for r4ds to use micro sdhc card?bcause i just lazy to change game from my computer so i want to use bigger card to fit many games and i will not boot up my pc frequently javascript:void(0);
    Grin

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

R4 is compatible up to 4GB

6. vozman

vozman New Member

i will recommend Kingston Made in Japan
    since it has better speed among the others :D

7. Hey there when i found out about the R4DS from my friend who had a 1gb micro SD card i thought it sounded awsome

but he said it isnt you wont be able to fit as many games on he could only fit upto 15-25 games

i meen still 15-25 games is still a hell of alot but what about all your homebrew video's and music :-\

so i decided it would be best to get a 2gb one its relitivaly cheap and you can fit from up to 30-50 games and still have a little room for your homebrew apps, video's and you music

hope this helps

bye

8. jzwilliams

jzwilliams Member

Just here to confirm but the maximum is 4 GB for R4DS right?

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

2GB at this time

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ apparently the new firmware will allow use of SDHC cards (wait didnt I just use this exact same reply to you in another thread?) DejaVu man....

11. Sugiarto

Sugiarto Member

Will the new firmware update also fix the Worms open warfare 2 ?i mean without applying arm 7 fix? or make slower micro sd card play without lag?

12. clonesniper6

clonesniper6 New Member

i have had two 2 gb cards a kingston and a sandisk and my kingston just stop working one day but my sandisk seems to work fine but i would suggest getting a sandisk because i noticed that the kingston cards are cheaper made than my sandisk but it is still your choice

13. mc_vampz

mc_vampz Active Member

they am all the same just with different names on them

14. rockerds

rockerds New Member

kingston are da best they never screw up :p :p

15. DarkSpace

DarkSpace Member

I have been using a 2GB toshiba and I haven't had any problems so far.

16. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

You should go with Kingston their cheap and they get the job done

17. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

I use Japan Kington 1Gig and 2Gig micro sd cards. I make sure all my friends use em, they work like a charm.

I'll insert a page that has a graph with ratings for different micro sd manufactorers.

You have to scroll down almost to the bottom of the page below to view the graph.

Look for the Green Blue and Red. ;)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=43323