1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help me!! im pulling my hair out!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pelicanpie, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pelicanpie

pelicanpie Member

Ok, New to this site and have looked for a solution but to no avail.
    My main problem is that games are showing on the pc (memory card) but not showing up on the ds.
    My kids both received an Edge card and 8gb memory card for xmas. I set them both up exactly the same and loaded games onto them. Games are missing from both cards as in they dont show up in the ds but they are there on the memory card!

My daughter has a particular game that my son wanted so put that in his but it isnt showing in the ds but is on the memory card. (pc) Along with other games that they wanted so i downloaded them and also put them onto the memory card and again the same problem.(not showing up! in the ds)
    All the games that are on the ds that show up are working. Yes they are .nds files. And why would this game work on my daughters and not on my sons?
    Is there something that im missing?
    Is there only a certain amount of games that the ds or memory card can take? (there is still room on the memory cards)
    Do i need to put something else on there to make these damn games work so my kids can give me peace?
    Or do i need to start again from scratch and delete it all and reload it?
    i have updated the firmware and still the same problem.
    Please please please help me

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The ownly thing i could sugest, Is to copy all files from the card that works onto a spare folder on your desktop

Format the card the don't work, then copy all the files from the folder onto your formated microSD

Unless they have a diffrent DS each ?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'd try and start fresh.

Reformat both cards.

If you can, back up the save data, you may have the firmware in wrong.

...I'm kinda confused as you said both aren't showing anything on the pc, yet you know they are there...

I'm leaning towards bad firmware install or possibly the pc just isn't showing the games, tyr on another pc.

And all .nds games should work, some may need patches or firmware updates to work, but they should show at the very least.

4. pelicanpie

pelicanpie Member

they both have a ds each. A ds original and a ds lite. ( could that cause a problem?)
    The games are showing on the pc (memory card) but when put into the ds they aren't there.
    Both cards work, along with games that are showing but are missing some games that i loaded on there myself.
    Could it just be a patch that i need?
    Confused as to why a game works on my daughters but not on my sons? (showing up and functional)

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ds shouldn't be an issue unless one is a dsi.

Ok, clear the one that isn't working, and copy the entire contents of the working one to the now blank card.

If a game is working on one but isn't on the other, it may be a bad firmware install.

6. Jhon 591

If you don't know how to format, Click right on the letter drive your microSD card is using and see format on the list, then do a full format in fat32 , ownly for the card that don't work

They copy all files from the microsd card that works, onto your formatted microsd card

7. pelicanpie

pelicanpie Member

hhhmmm i guess im gonna have to start from scratch.
    Problem is both cards have different games apart from some unisex ones (my son wouldn't appreciate bratz or barbie etc)

Still doesn't makes sense why they aren't showing up on both cards.
    Post Merge: [time]1263821683[/time]
    ok so if i need a patch for some games to work could that also be a factor into this problem?

If so please steer me in the right direction.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You only need to patch if the games doesn't work on both cards (ethier it freezes or stays blank on boot).

I always find a good re-format helps, not sure what causes it but it does happen-prehaps the kids messed with the settings on one and thus could explain what's going on.

9. Jhon 591

Start from scratch, would be best with a fresh downloaded firmware

v1.6 firmware is the latest, check link

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ or http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/EDGE_OS_v1.6.zip

10. pelicanpie

pelicanpie Member

Well i decided to delete some games from the memory card just to see if that would help.(instead of going through the lengthy process of reloading)
    Alas the game he wanted was there!
    and now showing and working on the ds when it wasnt before. even though it was showing on the pc. Weird.. Although some games i deleted he wasn't happy. Sacrifice is never easy.

Again i ask the question is there a limit to the games that can go onto the card or the ds can handle? The memory card held alot more games than the ds was showing. (with plenty of free space)

Do i need to make another folder to hold more games or this wont help at all?

Just surprising that this fixed the short term problem.

Sorry for all the questions but im just trying to get my head around it.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

How odd...

For some cards, making seperate folders for the amounts of roms does help.

Not sure about yours, but the acekard doesn't have such a limit.

12. pelicanpie

pelicanpie Member

Ok i grabbed my daughters card and made another folder and transferred half the games to it...worked like a charm and now all games are showing.(in the ds as well)
    she now has heaps of games to keep her occupied. Now i have to reload my sons card with the games i deleted to make this great discovery..lol.
    And im sure they both will be asking me for the latest and greatest games to add to their collection.
    After all the hair pulling and head scratching it now seems so simple.
    Thankyou all!

13. Jhon 591

Glad to hear!, And all latest games can be found hear

https://www.romulation.org/NDS/

You will need winrar to unpack the games from the rar arcive

RAR Tutorial

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=3880.0

14. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

there is stilla missing piece of information, what Flashcard model do you have?.

15. pelicanpie

pelicanpie Member

Edge card

16. justlois

justlois Well-Known Member

Is there not another way to keep your kids quiet?
    rather than pulling your hair out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.