1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help me find something on ebay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by asdfth12, Dec 16, 2010.

1. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

Im looking for a electronics learning kit, or whatever its called.

Basicly, its a cardboard/someothermaterial board with circuits and diffrent electronic components placed onto the board with wire connectors near them. If i remember right, the botton part usually contained the circuitry, usually capacitors of varying strengths, while the top part contained lights/speakers/buzzers/switches/other stuff that either lit up or made noise.

Basicly you just use wires to connect diffrent things together to make it do diffrent things.

I've been wanting to get another one of these for a while. I had a couple about ten years ago but eh... they got old, circuits got smashed, and i overloaded some capacitors which destroyed them.

I wish i could remember more about them, but its been a long time. The ones i had, if i remember right, came from molt likely mid to late 90's. I don't think they are produced anymore though. Mainly because of the... um... fire risks. (Don't ask, please.)

2. doughboy

doughboy Guest

you will most likely find kits at Fry's Electronics...I learned how to solder, from a kit sold there...
    There are stores all around if you live in the US, it's more like a huge electronics warehouse...
    You can also purchase online...http://www.frys.com/