1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help just joined

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by walshy1963, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walshy1963

walshy1963 Member

hi i have just joined so please be gentle, i have d/l a ds game and unzipped it buts its all squibbly text, how does this become a game thanks

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

When you open any files with a text reader, like notepad, you will see nothing but a bunch of gibberish.

You will need an emulator like no$gba v2.6a to open the file and play. Or you need to load the file, which should have an .NDS extension, onto your MicroSD for your Flashcard if you have one.

3. walshy1963

walshy1963 Member

thanks for your quick reply, does that mean that if i buy a R4 and sd card and software that comes with it, it will work if i drag the text into the software

4. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

usually if you just drag the nds file it works

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

walshy, yes.

6. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

you shouldn't buy r4 they outdated

7. walshy1963

walshy1963 Member

What should i use

8. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

Cyclo DS this has to be the first choice for the alternatives u can have ..almost everything but R4 and its clones which ranges from names like R4new R4-new R4SDHC and anything that starts with a R and ends with a 4 sticking at the back for more flash card reviews please refer to gba.temp at their review section

9. walshy1963

walshy1963 Member

would it not be better to get an R4 package until i no what i am doing

10. anandjones

The other choices are no different in the sense of setting up: all you need is the media, and the firmware.

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The cards with more active development teams are actually better for people with limited computer knowledge. They tend to require less patching, meaning more games work with their clean dumped ROMs. This means you have to do nothing more than put the game on your card. Fast and easy for the less knowledgeable user.

12. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Beginners should probably use the Firecard since it's a simple drag'n'drop like a USB flash drive or a simple MP3 player

But you don't NEED a cart. you can use an emulator like No$GBA

13. walshy1963

walshy1963 Member

thank for all your help and reply's i am just new to gaming, (i no about the drag and drop and i was wanting something that would work when you do that and not need lots of mauling about and adjusting things,) and the ds lite thats why i dont understand some of the lingo, could someone point me in the right direction as to were i could get any of you recommendations at a reasonable price, thanks

14. anandjones

Acekard 2; Cyclo DS.

15. walshy1963

walshy1963 Member

out of my price range i'm afraid, can afford a R4 DS V2 or a R4 DS V3 which on would you recommend as a starting one

16. walshy1963

walshy1963 Member

ignore last post, sorry. advise needed on which one of these you guys would recommed for a first timer and for ease of use in putting games on R4 DS V3 or a ACEKARD 2, just need something thats easy to use in all aspects,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.