1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help in need :) please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by OAN, Aug 13, 2010.

1. OAN

OAN Guest

so i'm trying to run paper mario the thousand year door on a dolphin 2.0 but it's too damn slow it runs like maximum 25%
    any ideas on how to make it faster?
    Heres my specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Processor: intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40 GHz
    Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
    System type: 32-bit operating system

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try using the revision build, preferably the 35xx or 4xxx version but you might encountered a slight/major graphic problem.
    Disabling the EFB hack, and sound might increase the speed a little bit.

It would be good if you upgrade your pc first, since Dolphin require at least Dual-core to run at good speed.
    Do you have any graphic card installed?

3. OAN

OAN Guest

I have the dolphin direct3D9 in the graphics plugin, is there a better one
    and whats the revision build
    btw thanx for helping :)

4. rell

rell Well-Known Member

if you have a wii you can softmod it to play gc isos.

5. meganova

The 2.0 version supposed to have Direct3D9, OpenGL, and Software Renderer for the graphic plugins.
    It is recommend to use OpenGL if you have a graphic card with at least OpenGL 2.1 installed.

Revision or SVN build is best used when you have problems with the official build, but only for certain games though.
    You can just download the recent svn from the main site and google around for the previous build build.

6. OAN

OAN Guest

Do you know which SVN works best for paper mario 2?

7. meganova

Try using 35xx and 4xxx build, disable the EFB, and sound.
    However, I doubt it will give much difference until you have upgrade your PC.

8. OAN

OAN Guest

can you please make a download link for me for the 4xxx and the 35xx cuz for some reason i can't find any

9. meganova

Actually, the SVN build can only be made using the source code from the main site.
    the process is a bit complicated though, so I highly suggest you to download the already made svn from this site.