1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help im stuck extracting games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by michaela1, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaela1

michaela1 Member

hi all.im very stuck.sum games wen downloaded and in the winzip box ready to extract there is the game and also the game system or something.so i extracted the game but it wouldnt work.so do i need to extract the system thing 2 and where does it go....helpppppppppppppppp

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

.......From where did you download the game?
    If it is from this forum, there are no Zip files, only RAR files. ;D

Re-check it again.

3. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

"the game system"? elaborate on this point please...

4. michaela1

michaela1 Member

well wen iv extracted the games with winrar lol not winzip the is all so an info file along side it.not on all games though...just the ones i want of course.i do download from this site yes.spongebob drawn to life it happens,i think there are 3 things cum up in the extraction box.do i need to extract them all

5. meganova

No,
    Just extract the file with .nds in it. ;D
    E.g spongebob drawn to life.nds

Or you can just extract it all, you will not lose any. :)

6. michaela1

michaela1 Member

iv tried that but game wont work.but otha games do,im confused becauz im not doing anythin different

7. meganova

Which are not working?
    1) Extract all.
    or..
    2) Extract only the .nds file.

If the problem is the second one,
    just try extract them all.

8. michaela1

michaela1 Member

both ways not workin

9. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I don't think the problem is in extracting. What games are they, and how are you trying to play them?

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Incase you haven't looked yet:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=3880.0

11. michaela1

michaela1 Member

its crazy iv dun this loadsa times b4.the game is drawn to lfe spongebob squarepants

12. Fredbox

13. michaela1

michaela1 Member

um dont no wot u mean really.wen i put r4 in ds it says cant access file or sumthin like that

14. Fredbox

Right, so you're using an R4! You should always say that when asking for help. And you should have mentioned what the message was. Try arm7 patching. Search the forum for more info on how to arm7 patch.

15. michaela1

michaela1 Member

rite iv downloaded drawn to life spongebob version onto an r4 and wen i put r4 in ds its says on screen [the save data could not be accessed].any ideas

16. Fredbox

arm7 patch...

17. michaela1

michaela1 Member

neva heard of it.wot is it

18. Fredbox

I might usually be more helpful.
    Read posts properly...

EDIT:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

19. michaela1

michaela1 Member

i have an im sooooooo peed off.iv had my r4 for ages and neva cum across this.iv been tryin to put blinkin spongebob drawn to life on me little boys r4 for hours.he has been so patient then fell asleep so thought id carry on so he wud have it for mornin.i have searched the forum and cum across the patch thing but still dont really understand it.sorry if im abit dumb.im just a hassled mom tryin to appease my son thats all.

20. eyeball226

eyeball226 Well-Known Member

You don't really need to understand it, you just need to follow the instructions. If you search, you're bound to find a guide.

This took a 5 second google search:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+arm7+patch+a+game&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a
    http://www.peerden.com/general-support/32376-using-dslazy-dsbuff-patch-roms-arm7-fix-patch.html

Hope it helps.

p.s. When asking for help, try to actually tell people what your problem is, your first post was very ambiguous. Also, try and actually follow advice and answer the questions of the people trying to help you. I don't blame Fredbox for getting annoyed really...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.