1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help identifying a R4 Card/ Link to Kernel

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by trollboy555, Jun 20, 2014.

1. trollboy555

trollboy555 New Member

Hey Guys,

A friend recently gave me an R4 card as a gift (It's summer, so I need some games to play). I tried locating a kernel for it, though I have no luck whatsoever. Any help in finding a kernel for it along with a brief rundown on how to install kernels, as I have no clue WHAT I am doing here. I have enclosed a link with a picture of the card, the model of DS I'm using is a DSI With Firmware 1.4.5

[​IMG]

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Okay.

Your official firmware can be found here: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

An alternative firmware can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
    To install that:

Use the DSTT folder.

3. trollboy555

trollboy555 New Member

Which firmware is the one I need? Sorry, I am genuinely appalling at this. After I get the firmware, is it a case of just extracting all the files onto the SD card?

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Well, it depends.

If you want to go official, and patch all your ROMs to get them to work, choose the first one.
    If you just want everything to work, use the second one. Download it, and extract it. Copy the contents of the DSTT folder in that archive to your microSD. Then, as it says, rename certain files.

Just a heads up, the second firmware isn't designed for your card.
    I'm going on the hunch that the manufacturer uses the same hardware for the card you have.

5. trollboy555

trollboy555 New Member

Sorry, I phrased that wrong, I meant which firmware from the linfox list do I pick for my flashcart, then how do I install it? People on other forums have told me this card is obsolete and doesn't work on 1.4.5. What can I do from here? Bear in mind I am completely clueless about this and would need some step by step guide in order to apply the firmware and get this thing working.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It probably is obsolete and unusable on v.1.4.5. Where to go from here? Well, you could go to a game store and buy newer-better cartridge or get out of your house and cycle around your neighborhood as it's summer.