1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help for soul silver plz

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dfinn, Jun 8, 2010.

1. dfinn

dfinn Member

ok hi all

i was playing soul silver on no$gba v2.6 got to the 4th gym and as allways u save right after:)

i turn't of the emulater after saving as i had to go out come bk not to long ago to go play and the game will not load up, i just get the rom image has crashed.
    it is for soul silver as lugia owns ho oh any day:p

Does any 1 know if i can get my game save file bk or have to start again?

thnx for any1 that trys to help.
    if this post is in wrong forums could some1 plz move the post plz ty

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Ok, check for this:

Is there a .sav in the BATTERY folder in no$gba with the same name as your ROM? If so it can be recovered.
    If there is one, try getting a fresh copy of soulsilver (and be sure to name it the same as your .sav) and you SHOULD be able to recover your Data.

3. dfinn

dfinn Member

oo sweet ill give it ago tyvm :)

do u know where bouts i could get another copy from the 1 on romulation seems to be shut off due to copyright.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Make sure to use the Rudolph patch, the game will keep crashing as you progress deeper into the game.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=34997.0

and use No$gba2.6a as well, or the full package
    saves will not be updated to the recent one if the game crash before you restart the emulator, it may be deleted as well.
    There is a workaround, but may not work at most time, after the you got "Rom-image crash" message, make sure not to press the "Ok" button, instead go to your BATTERY folder, and make a backup of your save file(the one you are playing at the moment).

If the game still crash after applying the patch, then I suggest using the latest version of DeSmuMe.

There is a prepatched rom from the link I gave you, and a clean rom from here, http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=40355.0

5. dfinn

dfinn Member

its working on that no$zoomer:) and its 100% all da time
    ty mega and pers gotta love pplz like u 2 :)