1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help:F.E.A.R. combat

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by darkskybleedprophecy1234, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. any pc gamers hir?ive been troubling with this word stock and overclock....i know overclock is...its the technique applied for tweaking the system processor of the pc....but can you overclock asus eee pc 900 into 1.2ghz?coz my processor is only 900mhz...can somebody help me?also does anyone of you played fear combat?coz i read its sys. req. it requires 1.7ghz to play.....can it run on 900mhz?pls help

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, overclocking a laptop is a VERY bad idea. they can't handle the heat, and theres not much you can do to improve the airflow. eee pcs are net books, they are NOT designed for running ANY games.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

eee pc...man you need to get something a tad better...

Laptop aren't meant for gaming, but an e pc...it won't even try...

While mine would have been highspec...4 years ago (It can do doom3 and halo 2 on low-mid spec) it can't do much else, hell it's not meant to, it's meant for work (only started using it for it's gaming power...which it's not meant for...the graphics in mine are really for presentations not halo type stuff XD)

I'd try lower spec games if your desperate to play on it...

4. kk....tnx man...ahm by the way can you give me some lists of any low end pc games?preferably 200-900mhz's....

5. Loonylion

you wont get PCs that slow anymore.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Starcraft, Warcraft 1, 2, 3, etc. You can probably run those.

Unfortunately many of the lower end games were made back when Windows 98 was wide spread, and are designed for a 16 bit operating system, which means Windows XP will have issues installing them. (There are ways around it, but it varies by game).

7. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

how does someone do an overclock anyway??? I need to know...

8. Loonylion

its not something you do casually, you need to understand what you're doing and the risks it involves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.