1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help either my ds or r4 is broke

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by frebels, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

My r4 used too work fine but if i start my ds, my ds is not able to find the cartridge. Im usig firmware 1.8

2. wolf2657

wolf2657 Active Member

did u try just taking the cartrige out and putting it back in? try the same with the micro SD.

3. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

I would also try finding another NDS cartridge and see if your DS reads it...to eliminate either DS being broken or the flash cart being broken...but it does sound like a DS problem if it can't find a cartridge that's inserted correctly.

With a CycloDS if there is no microSD card in, it will still find the Cyclo and boot it but a screen will pop up saying memory card not found...if you can't get it to work after trying to pop it out then back in again, try updating your firmware to the latest one (doubt that will help but it's worth a try)

4. hamjambo

hamjambo Active Member

I wouldn't think it would be the firmware. It would have never worked if that were the case. I would reformat the sd card again and just re make it. Just save your .sav files so you don't lose your shite.

5. musiclegend14

yeah, I'm not entirely sure how an R4 works but i doubt it would be the card, but all is worth a try. I'd also back up your roms too, before you reformat...so you don't have to re-download all of them

6. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

I experienced the same problem with my old ndstt for 70% of the time, my DS reads nothing; 20% of the time, just a white screen; 10% of the time, it works. But when I bought the new flashcart for the ndstt (without the micro sd) and inserted my old micro SD in the new ndstt cartridge, it worked 100% of the time now. They said my old ndstt became dirty so it's not functioning properly anymore so you should always take care of your flashcarts.

Try inserting an original DS game to see if the DS can read it.

7. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

I get this problem rarely, its just a general wear-n-tear DS problem, either dust on the cartridge or the DS itself.
    Also can be other defections but I won't go into detail, unless you dropped or submerged your DS it's probably dust.

8. musiclegend14

you should try the old GB/GBC trick and blow into your DS

9. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I have this issue every so often, and that's what I do... I also remove the micro SD and blow into the R4 also

10. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

I've heard that the humidity in your breath can do more harm than good, but I dunno if that's true.

Anyway, as I said in another thread, if the DS simply isn't detecting the flashcart in question, then a folded piece of paper in the slot will often do the trick nicely.

11. frebels

oh im using nds clasic BTW
    im trying all of those tricks now

12. musiclegend14

i remember doing the paper trick too...man back when i had nothing to worry about except my batteries dying on my GBC. The humidity in your breath could probably harm it after a while, if you did it constantly

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

As long as you are careful it shouldn't harm it too much. Just make sure to swallow everything in your mouth so you aren't blowing saliva around inside it. And give it a little time to air out after, so you aren't trapping any possible moisture inside the slot between the metal contacts.

14. Mario94

Mario94 Well-Known Member

try gently cleaning the little metal things at the bottom of both your micro Sd and your cartridge.

And also what brand micro sd card are you using I suggest Kingston or maybe Sandisk.

15. musiclegend14

Did you figure out what was wrong yet?

16. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

sometimes ds gets old and will do that i try used ds and cart wont show up but then i try new are new used and cart works.on gurtar hero ds bundle carts wont work at alll get new ds

17. frebels

sigh sometimes it works for a long time and then it fails on me again.
    Im using a kingston sd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.