1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HELP!!!! Dumbo needs help with R4DS stuff!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Loo44, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loo44

Loo44 Active Member

Sorry if I'm not in the right place, but just a quick question! Have used Youtube videos for advice, etc, but when I download a game to put on Microsd, it loads fine, but it's not stored anywhere on my computer! Is this right - what am I doing wrong? I've got 4 R4DS cards to do and want to do them quickly with many of the same games. Many thanks for any help.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Your certainly new, so the game is on the r4 and not on the computer your saying?

Or the pc ain't recognising the card...

3. Loo44

Loo44 Active Member

yes, I can get games onto the R4's but can't find them afterwards on my computer - does this make sense? Sorry for being so dumb! x

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

When you downloaded it to your pc, when you save it to a folder, have a look befor saving where its bean saved to

Are make a new folder on your desktop and rename it , and save to that folder so you know where it is next time

They will be on your pc somewhere, what windows are you using?

5. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

It depends whether you 'move' or 'copy'.

Have you just dragged the files onto your R4?

6. Jhon 591

I think i might see you are downloading the game to your sdcard letter drive, but not to somewhere on your hard drive and then draging them onto your sdcard?

but sometimes the games are in winrar, they will not play on a ds... unless they are unpacked from rar first

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

if you're using Windows.....it should just copy the game over to the card, but if you're using linux you should just click copy if there is a choice for that.

i usually keep backups on discs in case i don't have internet or if the file takes hours to download.....*some psp and ps2 games*

8. Loo44

Loo44 Active Member

I'm using Vista - so sorry to be so dumb, they must be on computer somewhere, just don't know where! No, I didn't click and drag the games - will try and find out where I've put them.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

yeah.....they should just be in a folder or something......unless vista auto deletes it somehow????

just check your downloads folder or just do a search and type the name of the game in!! search in C:\ or whatever your harddrive letter is!!

10. Loo44

Loo44 Active Member

11. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

They must be on your R4 card, copy them on your pc.
    no, def. not on computer - my Games folder on winrar/r4i is empty! Oh, if only I had a techie brain lol x

(Fixed your mistake)
    Post Merge: [time]1257781217[/time]
    Wait a sec... Is it a R4i card?
    Post Merge: [time]1257788651[/time]
    Vista has no Auto-Delete I think. My dad has a PC with REAL Vista on it. It has NO auto-delete... Next time check where you put it, ok? ;)

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

did you download the .rar files onto your micro sd card?

13. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you'll probably find them in downloads,click start >and use the search bar,

just type in downloads and press enter

when you download anything, you should always check to see where it's being downloaded to

next time you download a rom, download to your desktop, as you will be given an option as to where you want the download to go

14. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Maybe it is in ''My documents'', under ''Downloads'' Somewhat all my files are in that directory!

15. Loo44

Loo44 Active Member

yes I did

16. Jhon 591

You must have unpacked it in order for it to work!

That's whay it's not on your PC

17. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

hmm, yes it was stated on your opening post that "it loads fine"

18. Jhon 591

Just drag all your games from sdcard to a location.. mabe a new folder on your desktop

mabe

My NDS Games, or somethink like that

19. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you have the Rar files on your microSD card, the DS only plays .nds files,

so you need to extract the .nds file from the Rar file, i guess you haven't got winrar

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm use this link if you haven't

then use winrar to extract the nds file from the rar file

and the nds file is the file you need to put on your microSD card to play the game

I see you are using R4's, some of the newer games you may not to be able to play

due to anti piracy and no R4 support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.