1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HELP !!!!! DS in constantly loading...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jab10590, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jab10590

jab10590 New Member

When I insert the r4 (the four files have been loaded already, plus a games folder) into the DS, the top screen is black with only the words "loading..." What did I do wrong and how can I fix it ?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure it's the correct firmware. There are many different flashcarts with the name "R4".

3. player65

player65 New Member

I have the same problem; the top screen says LOADING.... the rest is black. I left this for serveral minutes, nothing.... I formated the SD card put only one game file on the card, still the same problem?
    We have DS Lite with R4 revolution for DS and 4 GB mirco SD.
    who can help?

4. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Where did you get the firmware? From the official R4 page?

5. TirithRR

If it's a real R4, then you cannot use a 4GB micro SD, since it's most likely SDHC. The original R4 does not support SDHC.

Look for a 2GB MicroSD and try that out. 2GB and less are not SDHC cards.

6. Dimax

Dimax New Member

I have the same problem.

The R4 I bought says in the box "supports SDHC cards", and specifies 4, 8 and 32 gb sd cards are supported.

It also says that it's a second generation: no booting tool required, and uses sd FAT 16 and 32, any sd card speed, and supports lots of stuff.

So I should be able to run a 4g card. But I get this LOADING sign on a black screen, as well as jab.

Any clues? Please?

7. TirithRR

Just make sure you have the correct, and latest, firmware for your specific flashcart. When it says "no booting tool" I believe it's refering to the older style "pass thru" devices, not that it doesn't need any firmware.

8. jab10590

jab10590 New Member

"loading ..." problem FIXED

I erased the SD card and started over, this time downloading the "kernal" from (r4ultra.com). That was it, problem fixed. I used a 2G card also even though package says SDHC or 4, 8, 32 G

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The booting tool refers to a passme or the old Slot 1 devices yes. ^Yes, a clone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.