1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help, download speeds are unbelievable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by err, Dec 12, 2007.

1. err

err Well-Known Member

It took me 20 minutes to download something that is 1.2MB..
    I don't want to download files with an average speed of 2kb/sec...
    Any good download managers? Suggestions?
    The problem just occured this morning... I've never had such slow speeds. I though 150kb/sec
    was bad.. now this. Though I can upload and browse the internet no problem.....
    [​IMG]

2. Crashtehelf

Crashtehelf Well-Known Member

Try 'Flashget' (google it). I used it for larger files.

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

It's the server you're downloading from, most likely. It may be halfway around the world.

4. err

err Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the server... I downloaded from same server yesterday and the speeds were about 130kb/sac

5. Born2killx

Maybe the links on the site go to various servers. If you're using cable, maybe many people are using the internet at the same time. Go take a speed test, and post the results here.

6. err

err Well-Known Member

7. Born2killx

What webpage did you download it from? Mind giving me a link?

8. err

err Well-Known Member

You sure?? It's one of those nasty sites... Many ads and possibly spyware.. lol. I'll take my chances just to find roms... I don't think I'm allowed to post anyway.

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Not another ROM site no, the speed you get from a site can vary great, I used to vary between 20kb/s and 1mb/s with our old download server, there are loads of factors beyond just you and the server too, the number of over all internet usage often play in as well.

10. lav-kib

lav-kib Member

quit download hentai ^^

but look on other sites

if you downloading a rom look on google type in nds roms

11. nisbahmumtaz

nisbahmumtaz Well-Known Member

That happens to me once in a while,and sometimes just plain all the time. :-\

DAP is a good download manager that accelerates the download.Maybe to around 29 k/b or so.

12. err

err Well-Known Member

I can't use download managers... Either I don't know how to use them or they hate my computer.

Whaddya mean hentai... I see no hentai...