1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help do this poll for my ICT (Girls only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cheesewizard, Oct 4, 2010.

?

As a girl do you play RPG's more than FPS's

Poll closed Oct 11, 2010.
  1. Yes (Im aged under 30)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No (Im aged under 30)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes (Im aged over 30)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No (Im aged over 30)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

Hi i have to get some data for my ICT work. Im doing a games module so this is why im asking this question. Thanks for voting

In your post please could you inlude:

why you dont play Fps / why you do
    Your actual age
    what console you play them on

Ive included this info after, because our teacher said i would get better marks

Thank you

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet that multiple males will vote, leading to a corrupt result which is worthless. Go to your local gaming store and do this properly.

3. Cheesewizard

Most likley. although im not wanting super accurate results, just enough to hand something decent in

4. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Truth be told The many Gamergirls I met played RPG's and Almost no FPS.But you are better off asking girls directly instead of the internet especially since this is mainly a male dominated forum...

5. Cheesewizard

i see. well i shall do that as well at school :)

6. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'm 26 and yes most definitely a female, I have a son. Anyway, I usually don't play FPS because my coordination sucks. Fast moving objections just aren't for me. And the consoles I've used to try and play FPS are Xbox 360, PS2, PC and NDS.

Well, as of recently I've started getting back into playing FPS. Borderlands being my main game type. FPS/RPG, go figure. And then I played CO-OP in Halo Reach to beat the game and will be doing it solo soon on Normal difficulty. It helps that I played with someone who already beat the game and realized my playing style in an FPS. I'm more of the back-up support character.

7. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I may be the oldest female here who actually game...I dunno cause I haven't came across them..yet..LOL
    I am 31 and I don't play FPS because of many reasons:-

1. I get dizzy just by looking at them..seriously

2. Most FPS do not have solid story plots and the gameplay is too linear, grab guns go shoot somebody or something...:p

3. Non-contructive and the simplicity of the game doesn't dawn on me. ( Not that I like complex gameplay but a strong storyline is vital for my attention..LOL)

4. I sucked in aiming and the only FPS I ever played was on the PC -Left4Dead...the ONLY FPS where I finished all chapters and still there wasn't any vomit on the floor..:p (It makes no sense in playing but the controls are smooth and it's fun to blast off zombies!)

I have tried FPS on numerous consoles, the Xbox 360, PSP, DS, Wii,PS2 and PC and I feel PC does a better job because the mouse and the keyboard are excellent and has the upperhand in camera and movement wise. RPGs are great because different RPGs has different set of battle system and you get to play characters of all classes. It may be lame for some due to the inactivity of gameplay (turn-based mostly) but there are a lot of RPGs like Star Ocean or Tales that make RPGs shine. That's my opinion and they don't have to apply to every girl gamer. :)