1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help decide which pokemon

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by kalvinator09, Mar 20, 2010.

1. kalvinator09

kalvinator09 Member

OK so I know for sure Totadile and Mareep is on my team. I need help with the 3rd pokemon. Quilava(trade from Diamond) or a Miltank. Help me!

2. Israel990

Israel990 Member

I've always loved Quilava and its evo stages.. So i say you should go for that!! i also suggest swinub... I dont know why but I just cant resist a swinub! Not to mention Its final evolution, Mamowine is beast to me... lol

3. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Have you chosen a flying type yet?? Pidgey Has been a good choice since Gen I.... I have a Golbat right now and its working fine as a flying type to....

4. Israel990

Israel990 Member

I agree.. Pidgey has always been a part of my team (well, when im able to get one anyways) but this time im switching it up.. i was thinking either zubat or natu.. both are flying types but share another type as well.. natu has psychic and i think zubat is poison..

5. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Actually either Spearow or Zubat would be better choices against Pidgey. Zubat is Poison

6. Israel990

Israel990 Member

yea i know where you're coming from but i dont like him much.. i would still prefer pidgey over him.. its not based solely on pure stats but personal preference as well.. thats why i would pick either natu or zubat.. i have a personal preference toward them..

7. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

If not stat-basing, I would pick Noctowl over Zubat or Pidgey. But Crobat still is a great Pokémon.

8. Israel990

Israel990 Member

Totally agree.. Crobat is pretty sick.. I've also always thought dragonite was beastly but it takes so long to evolve!! lol and his pre-evolutions arent flying

9. Renji217

I actualy cought my zubat at lvl 5 in the dark cave.... It was hard to level him up but sfter he evolved into golbat it took one more level to turn into crobat.... I guess it was because he was with me for so long.... Also another choice would be togepi.... It will evolve into togetic and then into a tokekiss with a Shiny stone.... You will have to get one from D/P/PT but I hear its also a good pokemon....

10. Israel990

Israel990 Member

well now in HG and SS you get the egg as well and that's got togepi in there.. and the pokeathlon dome has the shiny stone as a prize i think.. so you dont necessarily need to trade for it

11. Renji217

Oh.... I knew you get the pokemon from the egg but I didnt know you can get stones from the pokethlon....

12. -K-

-K- Member

well, you could have staraptor, it has great attacks, or you could go for dragonite,that is if youre willing to train a lot (dragons are quite slow)

now on what you asked in the first place, go with quilava, the final evo is awesome

13. Israel990

Israel990 Member

yea well thats what i heard from my friend but since my ds is at my cousin's house, (lives in miami, and im at least 4 hours away) i can only play it on an emulator and the random freezes or crashes are seriously are pissing me off and are keeping me from playing too often so im not there yet..

yea thats what i said earlier about dragonite, but he's still so beast that i'll put in the work.. lol