1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help chosing an emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by fire_storm, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire_storm

fire_storm New Member

Hi

I just bought a DS lite and got a TT with it but when i checked it seems like it is a fake, it works but it sometimes locks up on start up and i have to restart 4 to 5 times to get it to work
    so now i need a new card, can anyone help me chose one and a store to buy from, i am new at this can you please help me

Thanks

2. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

I have an R4, and it functions fine. However, it is fraught with problems now that it is supported anymore, and requires constant ROM tweaking in order for it to still be relevant.

I suggest you go with a CycloDS or an AceKard, depending on how much money you have to spend. You get what you pay for, of course, but they will both serve your purpose.

3. fire_storm

fire_storm New Member

Thanks for the help
    I decided to get the CycloDS because it looks better, is there anything I should know before getting it?

Thanks again

4. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

Just to be sure to buy from a reputable seller. In this case of these storage carts, if the price is too good to be true, it probably is. I recommend going through dealextreme.com, dealwoot.com, or realhotstuff.com (the latter being my personal favorite).

5. fire_storm

fire_storm New Member

yes I was planning to buy from realhotstuff.com myself. Just one more thing, is this card updated regularly?
    Thanks

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes. The dev team is still active, and listens.

7. winesnob

winesnob New Member

i have purchased for my son a TT DS card. Have followed the instructions re firmware, but still only showing menu when we switch on DS. Any further suggestions. Have checked and this is not a fake TT DS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.