1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help choosing a new flashcart

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Etherion_, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Etherion_

Etherion_ New Member

Decided to go back to my ds, found out M3 is dead..
    I've looked around a bit and saw the 2 best carts at the moment are acekard and supercard.
    I don't care about emus or homebrews that much, as I can just emulate those..
    What I need is a flashcart with good support (unlike that m3 team..) and one which I'll be able to RNG with (it's a pokemon thing).

Which cart is the best for me? Also, and recommended store(s)?
    Thanks.

e:
    I know I kinda answered myself, But I didn't know if both flashcarts are good and consistant for RNGing

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Hmm. Well both of these are excellent cards. The Supercard has more performance capabilities over the AK, with its onboard ram and processing unit. It also has the ability to emulate GBA games from SLOT1, as I assume you found in your research. The AK is cheaper and is still one of the best cards you can get. Although it sounds like you may need the extra processing power. I don't know much about RNG and have never messed with it, but if you can spend the extra cash I would definitely go for the Supercard.

3. Etherion_

Etherion_ New Member

^ Yea...no.

To the others:
    I know those flashcarts, what I'm asking is which one of them is the best for what I need (bascially pokemon RNGing)..

4. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Well, either on will probably work just fine. RNG'ing doesn't sound to CPU heavy, so you shouldnt need the extra power of the DSTWO, and the AK should work fine for you. Although, if you can spend the money and get the DSTWO anyway I would. It is the better card handsdown.