1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help! cards aren't working in my ds

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by zamama, Jun 10, 2010.

1. zamama

zamama New Member

I have an original r4 that works on my daughter's ds, but not on my son's. So I bought an acekard2i. Just got it and also it works on my daughter's but not my son's. Help!! He is going to be so upset when he finds out. Which card has the most compatibility? I read the supercard dstwo has a high compatibility. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

2. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

Do regular DS games work on your son's DS? it may be defective. there's no reason for an AK2i not to work on it unless there is something wrong with the DS. you may look into returning the DS to where you bought it from and getting a new one.

3. zamama

zamama New Member

got the ds off ebay, but it works fine. he's been playing it for a couple weeks now. Just the acekard and r4 don't load on it.

4. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

Well that's your problem. You shouldn't have done that. Is it a DSi? I think there's a firmware for the DSi that prevents the AK2i from loading unless you do some hack.

5. zamama

zamama New Member

the ds works just fine and it is not a dsi. my son has a friend that is over all the time and neither card works on his either. is there a difference in some dss that would prevent it from working? My ultimate question here is what card would have the most compatibility so I can buy that one.

6. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

The Acekard 2i, CycloDS, and SCDS2 all have equal DS compatibility. Where did you buy your Acekard from? It could be a clone.

7. zamama

zamama New Member

52dscard.com

8. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

Yeah, bad idea. Not only is that site unreliable, my spyware program reports it as an attack site.
    You probably bought a clone. To get a good card, you'll want to buy from a more reliable place. I'd suggest shoptemp, i've bought many carts from there and they wall work great. Both the Acekard 2i and the Supercard DSTwo have perfect compatibility for all DS's, so it's your choice. I've linked you to shoptemp, which is the best place to buy DS cards. If you buy from shoptemp and the carts don't work, you have a defective DS, so you'll want to get it checekd.

9. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

have u correctly put the files onto ur sons card? make sure u hav all the files on the rood of your sd card.