1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help! Can't delete something!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gaara_best, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Gaara_best

Gaara_best Member

Hey everybody, today I downloaded a skin for my SuperCard ds one sdhc and it wasn't working so i tried to delete it but this message appeared: «The name of this specified file isn't valid or is too long. Specify a different file name.» I tried to change the name of the file and the same message appeared so I can do nithing with this file. Can someone help me to delete it??

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Try using a program called Eraser.
    That may help.

http://eraser.heidi.ie/

Just be careful of what you delete.
    Once it is deleted, it can NEVER be recovered.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

actually...it's impossible to "permanently" delete anything...it is, and always will be, there....

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes, but it supposedly makes it unretrievable without advanced technology or some shit.. I dunno.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well....if common people like me find that stuff on a free software site, it's not really that advanced....

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Hehe. Like I said, I really don't know. I haven't even used the thing except once and it took too long to use again. :p

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

example of a freeware program....

recuva

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That can only attempt to recover whatever traces may be left. You'll never get a full file back from it unless you are VERY lucky.

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

that was just an example...there is much better stuff out there....but i've gotten TONS of complete files from it...(1327 MP3s and around 2,000 pics)

10. LuckyTrouble77

That's fine for small stuff, but usually I can easily get small stuff back. I'm thinking more stuff like NDS ROM sized. Also, the longer it's been gone, the harder it is to recover.

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i recovered my adobe Master Collection CS5 7Z file....it was around 8GB....and it was complete....otherwise the installer wouldn't run.....

12. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

The length of time isn't so much a factor as whether the file has been saved over or not, a file doesn't disappear after being deleted; the space that it occupies is set as space that may be used for new saved data. Until the file is saved over, it can usually be recovered after deletion.

13. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

aaaah....makes since why i got my installer back! it was the only one out 7 that wasn't corrupt.....and i formatted, and reinstalled windows.....so makes since now! :)

14. Gaara_best

Gaara_best Member

It's me again, Eraser won't work and I'm desperate... It says that the program will shut down I don't even know why so.. I don't know what to do...

15. LuckyTrouble77

You can't delete it from your MicroSD card, correct? If that's the case, back up important stuff and format the card.

If it's stuck on your actual hard drive by some fluke, I don't know.

16. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

This is a super eraser

Be carefull not to erase a hard drive by mastake, It will erase your microSD chips and usb flash dives

Active KillDisk Hard Drive Eraser http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ygd2mqlwb1v

To use, select your drive you wish to erase and click on killdisk and type in erase-all-data

You will need to format your microsd chip or usb flash drive after its done , either in fat or fat32

Hard-drives just needs a new partition created after its done, Best for slave hard drives then if you wish to use it as a master after

Use Partition Wizard Professional Edition for that

http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

I try to recover data after i used it but no go XD!

17. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

found this, it might be of use if you are a bit of an advanced user, if you're not, check it out anyways, still might be of help...

http://winhlp.com/node/39

18. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

i had that problem couple of times and yeah i sucks. try using ccleaner.