1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HELP: Cannot turn on network discovery

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I want to create a permanent sharing network on my PC for simple file transfer and such. I have no router, but I have a Wifi adapter. Basically a bluetooth like connection, but over standard network.

I need it to be compatible with my DS and SimpleFTPd.

IGNORE AND READ BELOW

Okay, the main reason I can't share my internet connection is because Network Discovery is turned off. I have tried so many times to turn it back on, but it doesn't work. As soon as I click "Save Changes", I exit out, and check to see if Network Discovery is on. Of course it isn't. Help? I am using Windows 7.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: Question? Sharing Internet

sharing with what, you've only mentioned a single PC.

only way to do permanent is a wireless router or cables and a switch (and possibly a wireless access point).

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I wanted to mainly just dump my NDS Save data from my old games, using the NDS Backup tool and FTPd.

4. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

the DS is only able to use access points (ad-hoc is recognized but will not connect), if your wifi adapter uses the zydas chipset their software has the option to use it as an access point (you have to be connected to the internet using something other that the wifi adapter). The software is not easy to find but i have it for windows and mac if you need it.

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

PM me with the software. And anyways, TirithRR has used Rudolph's NDS Backup with Small FTPd. I know it can only work with an access point, but this is a homebrew game.
    Post Merge: [time]1267919610[/time]
    Software doesn't work. I have also tried Connectify and Virtual Access Point. First of all, Network Discovery is disabled, and can't be enabled for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.