1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help acekardi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tigerlou_ds, Sep 14, 2010.

1. tigerlou_ds

tigerlou_ds New Member

I really apologies if I'm repeating older posts,
    I'm having a hard time with my son's Acekard2i.
    Now firstly I'm rubbish with computers and need idiot guides to everything technical.
    We are working the card on a dsi and a ds lite.
    Up until recently it was doing fine but have downloaded some new games and they don't seem to work on the card, (toy story 3 and shrek forever after is what springs to mind)
    Now I have tried downloading updated stuff and tried most likely wrongly to put it on the card with no joy.
    Does anyone know where I'm going wrong, how to sort it or even if these games will actually play on it or not.
    The dsi is still on ver 1.2E as I've not updated that either as I heard horror stories about people who did and then they couldn't use their cards after.
    Again sorry if I've repeated things.
    Tiger X

2. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

where did you put the updates you are meant to put it at the root just choose the card not a folder on the card then extract also are you using akaio it has better compatability than official firmware these games dont work cause of anti piracy updates fix that

3. tigerlou_ds

tigerlou_ds New Member

Oh so does that mean they I'm not going to be able to play at all on the acekard?
    and errrmm, I'm not too sure what I did when I did the update thing, and I am using the akaio one.

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

If I'm sure AKAIO 1.7.1 doesn't play those games yet.

It's better to wait for a new release.

I don't own an Acekard 2i, but you can update the card to work on 1.4.1 (latest DSi update).

5. tigerlou_ds

tigerlou_ds New Member

Thanks guys, think I'll just buy them for him for christmas. X

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Put AKAIO 1.7.1 on it, i am pretty sure those games work on it.