1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[HELP] Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shashimii, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shashimii

shashimii Well-Known Member

ive seen the guide in distinguishing the real acekard2i on their site... but.

i didnt understand the picture or text..
    and im not that really good in english..

so im planning to buy an acekard 2i..
    how can i know if its original?
    what will im gonna touch or see in its physical look?
    and in its inner? (like in the psp.. you go press triangle and see if its magic gate supported.. something like that.. )

thanks for future helps..

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

If you are going to buy from one of these retailers there is a good chance that the AK2i you buy is going to be legit.(technically speaking)

When you get your AK2i it should come in a little cardboard box with NOTHING else except the AK2i. On the AK2i there should be a silver sticker that says AceKard2i and such. If you feel the AceKard there should be no bumps and it should be near flat.

Hope it Helps

P.S.If you need help setting up your AK2i then the first link in my signature is a complete guide on how to set it up.

3. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

Don't know about it now but the time i got mine ( 1 and a 1/2 week it launched) the "test" was to put the latest AKAIO (1.5 ,some fake ones can load up to 1.4 so be careful), if it loads it's legit if not it's a fake. Took my DS and a microSD with AKAIO 1.5 and some games that (at the time) would only work (unpatched) on the newest AKAIO, it worked and i've never been happier it plays every game and homebrew, plus i got to keep my saves from my original R4.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'd use a translator on that website if you can't read english well, google this term.

"google translator"

Also, I read the guide, it seems the only way to tell if to pull the card apart, which is annoying...try the listed re-seller's list on the acekard site for places you can trust.

5. shashimii

thanks to all.

@soulrunner
    wheres your sig?
    thanks.

@CSLOO
    thanks.
    thanks. thats what im looking for..
    anyway.. do some fake acekard 2i can load up to 1.5? or only 1.4?

6. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

Glad to help, don't know if the copies caught up with 1.5 but since 1.5.1 is now available and it only works with original acekards 2/2i you are safe with it. Take a microSD with latest AKAIO (1.5.1) a few clean (unpatched) games (Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story, Assassins Creed 2 (only works - unpatched - on the acekard and CycloDS), Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Might and Magic Clash of Heroes, to sum it up the ones with more AP). if you get to play any of those (especially assassins creed 2) you got yourself an original acekard 2i.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Actually, not even the firmware will work on a fake.

8. shashimii

thanks.
    what's an AP? :D

thanks, too.
    can you explain it in a more understandable way?
    i know the firmware but.. i cant understand it.
    haha. i came from psp anyway.
    sorry for my question.

@OT
    argg. its so hard to type english.

9. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

AP = Anti Piracy

10. shashimii

thanks a lot. it really helped me alot.
    i have a lot questions on my mind. and most of them answered my questions about this.
    haha.

11. hothkc

hothkc Member

The online store realhotstuff.com/ has never let me down. Fast delivery and great customer service. They even update the acekard 2i for you.

12. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

I know, i said that too, but i mentioned the games because i asked the store guy to put the firmware for me and the games were just to make sure it was a legit acekard since the firmware folders wouldn't appear, games that would only work with acekard 2/2i with AKAIO were a good way to be completely sure about what i was buying and to measure the level of honesty on that particular store.

13. anandjones

The firmware (1.5 and past) will not work at all on a fake/clone.

14. shashimii

thanks to replies.
    anyway. im from philippines.
    so i have to go to shops to be buy lesser in price than delivery.

i think i have to do the akaio thingy.. and put unpatched games to test it? right?
    and.. does the original acekard have a bump?
    or the orginal acekard has no bump and the black one?

sorry for my newbie questions. thanks again guys. hope that i didn't disturbed you.

Edit:
    another question: Does the nds games here are all unpatched? i mean in the romulation.net, not the forums.
    sorry for the another question. thanks again.

15. anandjones

There is a slight bump underneath the label on the Acekard 2i.

Yes, the ROMs here are clean.

16. shashimii

thanks. but im confused in the bump..
    some says that the orginal has no bump and is color black.
    what is the truth?

17. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

I only noticed the bump on my acekard 2i now after reading anandjones post so it has a bump but it is really small so, many people may not have noticed it (i didn't).

18. anandjones

Original as in what?

19. shashimii

the original acekard 2i?

20. anandjones

It has a bump. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122563 See the cartridge picture too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.