1. This forum is in read-only mode.

hello please help ( idiot proof instructions needed )

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by billyoake, Apr 26, 2010.

1. billyoake

billyoake Member

hi i just bought a san disc chip, 4gb and have tried t upload the software and keep getting message saying sf file? is there someting i am doing wrong?

i know there obviously is, but can u help? am hoping i am only downloading worng software

being driven to distraction!!!

tracey xxxxxx thanks in advance xxxxxx

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What flash cart?

You only mentioned the SD card?

Or is this something other than a dsi...more detail is required.

3. billyoake

billyoake Member

on the disc it says micro sdhc small tm card, i think i have either go the wrong card or i am downloading the ong software. help would be good

thanks a lot
    tracey x
    x

4. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

No the card in your DS, is it a R4, M3, TTDS, CycloDS, EDGE, Acekard, Ninjapass, G6 etc.?

5. billyoake

billyoake Member

its a revolution for ds ns/lands?

6. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

It's a R4 so, I'll make a tutorial for you, it's gonna be in a Notepad document. Give me 15 minutes.
    Post Merge: [time]1272296458[/time]
    Done, download it here:
    Tutorial for installing Wood R4 | MediaFire
    Tutorial for installing Wood R4 | MegaUpload ~ Coming Soon! (It's the same file, only uploaded to another site)
    Post Merge: [time]1272296500[/time]
    Damn! Forgot something! You need to format the MicroSD first!! Don't forget it!!

7. billyoake

billyoake Member

many thanks will give it a go tomorrow am working tonight !!

thanks for yoour help, youa re great xxxx

tracey xx
    Post Merge: [time]1272301156[/time]
    have followed tutoral and all we are gerring is file.nds? when i extract game over to ds and start it , it just gets stuck on "loading " and does not give e a error message.

we are using the san disk chip with teh revolution card and have formatted, and tried to put both software on chip?

sorry to be a pain

many thanks tracety xxx

8. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

You're no pain. Can you make a photo/video of booting the DS, is it stuck when you turn it on or when you start a game?

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

You didn't forget formatting. I didn't need to do that.

What you forgot.... Was the tutorial for CLONE R4s.

10. billyoake

billyoake Member

thanks a lot for your help.

i have checked the clone tutorial as well and still have the same prob, it gets stuck on loading. thats all it says.. lol i will get there eventually!!! would it work if i copied and pasted the software from a exsisting chip?

11. blazza08

blazza08 Active Member

4gb are not compatible with your average R4 you need a R4 SDHC you should take your 4gb msd back to the shop and geta 2gb msd then put your normal firmware on and games on and voila instant r4 enjoy

msd=micro sd

12. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Ow f**k, I forgot that! You need a 2GB MSD.

13. blazza08

blazza08 Active Member

lmao edit you foul language or you may be banned

14. billyoake

billyoake Member

thanks very much will give it a try xxxxx

15. blazza08

blazza08 Active Member

the r4 is not sdhc compatiable so you are restricted to 2gb however that doesnt stop you from getting two 2gb and loading them up lol

16. billyoake

billyoake Member

thansk a lot for your help will try that one!!

the other problem i have is when i open some files i am getting a message saying cannot find saved data?

when i download i extract the files directly into the chip, do i need a seperate games folder? because some of the downloads work without it .

thanks tracey xxx

17. blazza08

blazza08 Active Member

you must press Create new SAV when you start the game for the first time on your r4 or you could download a complete new version of the rom from this site and try it again