1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hell girl vs Deathnote

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by clyffe28, May 2, 2008.

?

Hell girl vs Deathnote

1. Hellgirl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Deathnote

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

Death note:
    Light Yagami, ace student of Japan is sailing through high school, but he's bored out of his mind. When a mysterious note book named the Death Note falls from the sky, Light discovers the power the note holds. Anyone whose name is written into the Death Note will die. At first, Light is terrified by the Death Note's power, but as he puts it to the test again and again, he decides to use the note book to bring justice to the world by ridding it of criminals to create a perfect utopia. Soon, however, his activities catch the attention of the Japanese police who are powerless to stop him and unable to pin proof against the mysterious killer who has become publicly known as "Kira". But just as Light's confidence grows, another force known only as "L" begins working to bring him down. In a battle of intellect and wits, the two unleash a series of events that will either lift Light to power as the God of the new world, or cost him not only his ideals but his life, as well.

Hell girl:
    The story of different individuals that have a certain grudge access the Hell Hotline (Jigoku Tsushin) to enter the name of those they want revenge on. Enma Ai, the hell girl, takes on the revenge for them in exchange for eternity in hell after their death.

I think that they are a bit simmilar in story but which do you think is better

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I like Death Note better.

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Something about Emma Ai that i really like although i cant really tell what it is......and her Glaring when she said her quote before seting someone to hell melt me....

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I love Enma Ai she's the female Anime version of myself ;D

5. clyffe28

every episode in hell girl are very exciting exept for the first ones though

6. deathnote, two reasons, one I've never even heard of hell girl...
    and two, it sounds a lot like hellboy (which I don't like)

the last book (12) of death note was intense

7. clyffe28

try watching on you tube....Type jigoku shoujo

8. calvin_0

it is better know as Young Girl from Hell or Jigoku Shoujo

9. clyffe28

I just watched the ending...*tears* ...so so sad

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Reason why I like Death Note:
    The Death notebook - man if I found one, I'd be super stoked ;D

Reason why I hate Death Note:
    Light - yeah his father was a police investigator & stuff, but he didn't have to make the Anime feel like a detective story. I really hated the Anime presenting itself as a sort of detective thriller, I painfully watched episode after episode with light "justifying" his actions by using logic & analytical thinking, couldn't he just had a tremendous power trip with the death notebook? Sure I would ;D

Reason why I liked Hell Girl:
    Each episode is a minisode, that is, there isn't any visible "continuity" in the Anime, til you get to the middle. I really loved the "Your vengeance I shall deliver" dialogue

Reason why I hate hell girl:
    It felt kinda Sentai-ish, that is in each episode we see the climax scene where hell girl fullfills the "contract" in Sailormoony Sentai-ish fashion

11. clyffe28

but there is continuity during the last episodes

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The Ending was open ended though, because Enma was supposed to have been set free from her contract with hell, symbolized by her turning into sakura blossoms being swept by the wind. But towards the final scene, we see a mobile phone with a hell girl request, who's the new hell person then, was it Enma Ai or someone new??

13. clyffe28

I think its the littlle girl. I heard there was still season 3 after futakomori

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Oh right, that kid, yeah that one's really more of a demon than Enma Ai herself. A girl Damian Thorne, if you will or maybe the grandma ;D

15. clyffe28

Lol, I won't even tro to acces the hotline to hell if the Grandma would be the hell girl

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

A quick question.

Someone once told me that someone did a mock up hotline to hell webpage, is this true? If yes do you know the URL? I just wanna see ;D

17. clyffe28

18. calvin_0

itsnt that a better power call Death Eye? or something similar where you can view people's life bar and end it as you will?

19. clyffe28

But I don't like my life to be cut in half

20. calvin_0

well i consider that as a fair trade off