1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Heart Gold (U) Random Encounter not working?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cilerba, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Cilerba

Cilerba Member

I like to use the Random Encounter code when I play Heart Gold, yet whenever I try and use it, it never works. I mean, it used to, but not anymore. I play it on my R4 using YSMenu.

I've also tried updating my usrcheat.dat and replacing it in the necessary directories.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Try playing it without chats.
    Which R4 do you have?

3. Cilerba

Cilerba Member

I knew I'd get that response. I'm using the R4 Revolution.

4. Jonez001

The original? Are you using WoodR4?

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Try reading the instructions more carefully. Or... download a new version of Heartgold. Then play it (using the old save file).
    Then download a new version of usercheat.dat from DS-Scene (or the rom tool).

6. Jonez001

I was trying to say he should maybe switch to WoodR4... if that is able to run on his card.

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Sorry. Misread.

8. Cilerba

Cilerba Member

So I used ROM Tool to export my HG ROM with the AP Patch, I got a new usrcheat.dat, I also got a whole new ROM and patched it and the code still isn't working. I'm just wondering why it was working fine before, and now it's no longer working.

9. Jonez001

Back up all your data and then format your SD.

10. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

found this in the Common Issues, dunno if you are aware of it or not

If your game has been patched in any way, the Game ID is has been changed. Cheats identify games by the Game ID. GBATemp's cheat database uses the Game ID of the clean rom. In order to use cheats on a patched rom you must use a database editor like R4CCE by Yasu to update the Game ID of the cheat entry.

11. Cilerba

Cilerba Member

Yeah, I changed the ID of the game using R4CCE, yet the code doesn't work. I'm using the same code that I see others use and it works for them.