1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Heart gold converting save file's question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ravenlockheart, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Ok now that the patch for the heart gold is out is there a way to convert my Japanese save file to the American edition of the game? If so can some one please point me in the right direction. :)

2. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

just rename your japanese save file to the name of the american rom.

I did this for both my ROM on my emulator and my rom on my flashcart and both worked.

3. Tried that and i get a white screen like it never is loading. I also have tried just loading the game with out the save file there and it works fine but when i try to just rename the save file it freezes. Any other ideas?

4. dragneon007

What emulator/flashcart are you using?

5. Re: Heart gold converting save file\'s question

R4 Original.
    Post Merge: [time]1270214414[/time]
    With YSmenu on it by the way. :)

6. dragneon007

Not sure why exactly it's acting up for you, but Renaming it exactly the same as the Rom itself should have done the trick? but heres some other things you could try

Gamefags has some already uploaded English save files with some mostly completed stuff, or try playing your sav on a emulator then converting that sav file to the R4 one using shunywebs sav converter.

I never used R4 so i'm exctly sure why it would act up for you? I tried this method on my acekard and my japanese rom sav worked perfectly on my US rom by just renaming it exactly to the name of my US rom, but like I said not sure why it's acting up for you, but try either gamefaqs's sav files or try saving on a emulator then convert that to your r4 using shunyweb.

Good luck man.

7. Thanks. I actually ended up using Poksav editor to get all my Pokemon from the Japanese save file to the American save file... It ended up being easier in the long run. I just had to go through each individual pokemon and change them over to my user ID and owner ID.... unfortunately though... it doesn't add it to your pokedex.... but you can breed them and get the info back... So in the long run... it is long lol. :)