1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hazing: Brotherhood unto death

Discussion in 'General News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Guys I'm not sure if you are familiar with the term "Hazing", but here in the Philippines this refers to a series of initiation rites that people wanting to join a fraternity or sorority must undergo in order to be accepted in the brotherhood/sisterhood, but these aren't your run of the mill "do this, do that" tasks, the rites involve physically, psychologically & emotionally beating the neophyte, or prospective new member. The poor fellow is subjected to a series of painful beatings primarily done using a "paddle", a torture device made of hard wood, if the neophyte survives the tremendous agony, he's in, but in most cases, the poor bloke collapses & fails the rite or worse gets killed.

I know I shouldn't delve deeper on this as I too am a member of one of the most notorious fraternities with a very high neophyte mortality rate, as these things are considered "sacred" & must be kept withinh the inner circle, but come on!! Isn't the purpose of the brotherhood/sisterhood a sort of support group system for people who feel they need to belong? And how will there be more members if more than 80% of people joining end up brutally hurt or dead?

I forgot to mention that some "Lame" fraternities/sororities here, have for their initiation rites the prerequisite that new members MUST have sex with older members in order to be accepted, IF you so choose not to have sex, you are given the "painful" way in, you get beaten & paddled to the Masters of-Initiations heart's content, if you survive that, you're in, total Sado-massochism!!

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I think it's awesome. Freshmen get whipped with towels on sports teams.

... I've never heard of such brutal hazing though. Wood planks? Torture? What? I mean, if the new guy wants to join whatever it is, he's willing to go through the hazing, that's his choice, let the guy do it. He obviously thinks it's worth it.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

But what about giving up your sexual dignity? Is it worth loosing for being able to belong?

4. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Well I dont think it's a problem for Americans. Not being racist but I keep hearing bout American teens having sex even before their 18.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Some do that about when they're around 15 or 16, but the law here in NZ is 16, so we're lucky :p But I'd hate to be a frat guy. Man, that's rough, getting beaten by a "paddle" to join a fraternity or sorority. And worst case scenario, you could die. That's really rough. A question about the "lame" fraternities and sororities, are there male and female members? I don't really know as I've had no experience :) Just wondering because you said a new member had to do it with older members, if there are only guys, that's... just naaastyy..

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I can't name drop but let me tell the rest of you, yes heterosexual AND homosexual encounters do happen, sickening really, being a member but loosing your dignity! :p

And you know what's worse? Some prick with a camera or camera equiped mobile phone could be documenting the whole thing, maybe for fun or to use a sick blackmailing tool!

The worst? Some sick bastard, maybe the one who took the video, might upload the damn thing on n0rp video streaming sites for the whole sick world to view! Which was the starting point of the whole sick (Put name of whatever here) Sex Scandal trend! Grrr!!!

7. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Hey I wouldn't ming if it is a Female Sorrority Club eh?

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

We've had cases of 7th graders (13 to 14 year olds) being pregnant around here, so they do tend to do things like that while they're really young. Pretty much wrecks their lives too, since they're forced to grow up a lot faster than they would normally.

I don't think I've heard of any of these brutal initiations, but I'm not a member of a fraternity or anything, so my knowledge on the subject is limited to what Void knows about them. :p

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The problem why these things aren't so heard off by most of the public is because the fraternity/sorority itself does not allow these acts to be known by the piblic, until it's too late & a Neophyte dies & the media goes nuts on it. But this to an extent does little to stop brutal hazing as Politicians & law men themselves belong to such an organization & they too, help in secrecy to "put a lid" on the situation & let the inhumanity continue.

As I said, in the case of Neophyte Sorority girls, they tend to opt to lose both their dignity & virginity to belong because they'd rather lose those than to carry scars that are too visible, it's sad really, if only something is done, after all we tend to beg to get into the "in" crowd so we can belong, only if society was more Utopian.... sigh :(

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I knew it.. That would be utterly horrible if some guy was actually watching and videoing you. And beating off. I can see why the sorority girls would do that. And are all of them virgins? Would rather have it in your mind than for everyone else to see what you went through, or just being reminded of it everyday.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

But because of n0rp video streaming sites, choosing to have sex nowadays is even more reputation damaging than carrying a life long nasty scar on your body. And as for the virginity issue, yes more than half of the Neophytes are virgins, even the men because although there are already lots of "liberated" people here, a vast majority are still endulging in chastity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.