1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Having trouble with saves on DSTWO

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by diskjocki, Feb 6, 2011.

1. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

I just got my DSTWO a few days ago and I've put some games on it but I've trouble with saving with the GBA emulator. I've tried a few games and everytime I save it and turn it off, it deletes the save or something whenever I play the game again, what am I doing wrong? Also, how do I get my saves from VisualBoyAdvance to work with the DSTWO GBA emulator?

2. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

when using the gba emulator for dstwo which can be downloaded from the official website all you have to do to save is press x while playing a game and it will take u to a menu look for the save option open the thing and choose write save state 1 ( or 2 or 3 depending on how many save stated u have) when u next load the game press x go to the save thing but instead of choosing to write another save state choose read save state 1 or 2 or stuff

(i hope my vague explanation helps)

3. diskjocki

So I have to use a save state instead of saving it the proper way?

4. blairsville

blairsville Member

Once you save in game reload another gba game to force it to write the sav to your card.
    Even reloading the same game will work
    or use the Exit button to leave the emulator

5. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

yes you do have to write the save state you can write multiple ones which i found helpful so i could keep ones that were just before bosses in games so i could go back and do it again anytime i wanted without having to start another game

6. diskjocki

Okay, thanks. Any idea on how to make my saves from VBA work with the DSTWO emulator?

7. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

no i had that trouble myself i just had to start all those games again

8. diskjocki

Never mind, I figured out how to make the .savs work. Just put them in the GAMERTS folder.

9. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

thankyou now i dont have to start zelda minish cap over again