1. This forum is in read-only mode.

having trouble with r4i for dsi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by nickoftime77, Sep 20, 2010.

1. nickoftime77

nickoftime77 Active Member

hi i was hoping someone could help me well i have r4i chip for the dsi.my daughter updated to the lastest software update and now it will not work.i know its not the r4i chip because it works in my sons.now she can play regular game chip for the dsi but now i get a message that says [an error has occurred.press and hold the power button to turn the system off.please see the ndsi operation manual for help troubleshooting.they say to contact nintendo.my question is there any way to delet last updates.or if anyone knows a way to get the chip to work again i would real appreshate.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You have to wait until there is a new update for your flashcard. The newest DSi update disables the use of Flashcarts.

3. nickoftime77

nickoftime77 Active Member

really now forgive me but when you say flashcard you mean the r4i chip itself and how often do the updates come out

4. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Flashcard = R4i itself

There may be an update, not sure... the Acekard 2i update may work, but best wait for someone with a spare R4i Ultra (that's the one you have right?) to test it out first.

5. materri

materri New Member

:'( This happened to me also and I read somewhere that there is no turning back for. The R4i gold card will never work again in the system. Is this true? Is there a patch or a way to undo the NDSi firmware update? I also have a question about error code =4 messages. How do I fix this? And error code =6. I have a NDS lite and NDSi. I am using R4i gold version 1.34b. Thanks for answering. ;D