1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HAving trouble opening roms?

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by EmuBoy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. EmuBoy

EmuBoy Well-Known Member

Having trouble loading a ROM into your emulator? Just follow these steps and you're set.

1:Download winrar if you don't have it already then download the desired ROM, when it's finished extract it into a folder of your choosing(I recommend you make your own folder in the desktop)

2:Open whatever Visual Boy Advance version you have and click on open. After that go to the folder you saved your ROM in then double click on that

3:After the ROM is loaded it should start automatically.

4:If for some reason you don't find the controls to your liking, you can always change them by going options->Joypad->configure->1 and set the controls to the most comfortable positioning for you.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

please edit this tutorial to use proper English

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

Better?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yep, thanks Asmadi.

5. EmuBoy

EmuBoy Well-Known Member

yea whatever i was in a rush but thx anyway ;)

6. deceptenoid

deceptenoid New Member

Some of my Pokemon ROMs for GBA sit with a white screen indefinately (when everything else has well and truly loaded by now).
    Am I just not waiting long enough?
    I recognise that the Pokemon ROMs (I tried Ruby, then Fire Red then Leaf Green, all with the same problem) are larger than most, is that the reason for this problem?

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

This is not for individual game support, please read the threads in the technical help section as your question is already answered it the sticky "common issues"; for further help please create a thread there, not here.

8. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

well still you are using contracted words