1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Having Problems With A Game

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rigg619420, Apr 10, 2010.

1. rigg619420

rigg619420 Member

The last post I left, I posted in the support forum instead of technical help lol any way, I just downloaded Marvel vs Capcom Clash of the Super Heroes. Some times it will be in slow mo. and some times it won't be. None of my other games do that. Would it be the game it self? I even tried to run in full screen and in window mode and still does it. Can someone please help me solve this issue? Thanks.

2. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Try getting the latest emulator.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You still haven't given some pretty important information. How are you playing the game, what emulator, what version, what plugins you are using.

Also helpful will be your computer specs. Operating System, RAM, Video Card, Processor.

4. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

If that's the PS1 game and you're using PSXFin (which i suggest you do) then try going into Config>Graphics> then turn of Vertical Sync in windowed and fullscreen.
    That's what i did and it helped tons.
    If you aren't using PSXFin, then try it anyway and maybe it will help.

5. rigg619420

rigg619420 Member

im using epsxe 1.7.0 could be just the emulator? what version of PSXFin should i use?
    Post Merge: [time]1270871679[/time]
    well I just grabbed the psxfin 1.7 and tried to config my controller, the game runs fine now, but now my controllers are ass backwards. Down is up and left is right. What's up with that? I tried to appy my d pad and they go back to same crap. I now tried the virsion 1.13 which is the highest one, and still same crap. It's frustrating me big time.

6. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

You did the same thing i did at the beginning i think.
    First off when you go to the controller config the icons for the D-Pad aren't arrows.
    So the smaller end is not the direction. Use the direction button towards the flat end since it's a copy of the actual PS1 gamepad which has squared outer edges and beveled inner ones.
    If that doesn't work then just map it backwards.
    Either way i am glad the game works for you.

7. rigg619420

rigg619420 Member

Yeah I kinda figured that out of all that damn frustration lol thanks for the tip on this emulator. It's a hell of a lot better than epsxe. Hell of a lot better man. Thanks again. If I find another thing wrong or need help with this here emulator, I know just who to talk too ha ha Hey how do you add a buddy on here or a friend?

8. TirithRR

Your issues with ePSXe would be resolved by using a different configuration. ePSXe is the most compatible of the PSX emulators. The others, like pSX or psxfin may seem easier to use, but that's just because you don't have to (and can't) change a lot of the plugin information. Which makes it less compatible.

9. rigg619420

rigg619420 Member

Oh ok. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks.

10. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

He's right, the reason i like PSXfin is because it's more compatible without fiddling with settings.
    If you're patient enough to work through ePSXe's settings for every game's problems then you can get most game working great in the end.

11. TirithRR

Most games work with a single setting. Usually Pete's OpenGL2 or D3D with the nice settings. Very few games I've tried (which are many games) have any issues with this setup.