1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Having issues with loading newer WoodR4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by DM7000, Feb 12, 2013.

1. DM7000

DM7000 Member

Hey everyone,

So I'm trying to update the firmware on my card (R4i gold from www.r4ids.com) and while I had it running with WoodR4 before, now whenever I try to use the newer firmware I am unable to run games. The firmware boots up perfectly, and I am able to see a list of games but whenever I try to run any of them, it gets stuck in a never ending "Loading..." screen. I am able to run YSMenu but I also run into an error "Unsupported DLDI Name" when I try to run them that way. Any ideas or things I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1. I don't see your cart's name being listed on Retrogamefan's YSMENU/TTMENU compatibility list
    2. Yellow Wood Goblin's WOOD only supports 'R4 Revolution for NDS/NDSL' (that runs non-SDHC SD MICRO cards),
    R4i Gold made by R4ids.cn and R4idsn.com, and Acekard R.P.G.

All other carts; including the R4i Gold Plus, R4i Gold v.2, and R4i Gold from R4ids.com are not among the supported carts. Even if you had previously ran a WOODR4 for R4i Gold, it's not a WOOD firmware made by Yellow Wood Goblin. What you had ran was a clone/fake WOOD, which must been abandoned ever since YWG decided to lock his source code.

3. DM7000

DM7000 Member

The R4Wood firmware I had was downloaded from here. This was around the time Pokemon Conquest came out (around June) and it worked perfectly.

EDIT: Alright so I rolled back to a firmware from around June/July and that works perfectly (downloaded from the thread above). I guess I'll just stick to the older firmwares until I have money to purchase a new card.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If your cart is from r4idsn.com instead of r4ids.com, it could be that you need to remove your existing old rts save, it might be a cause of incompatibility, as the new version since 1.54 had the rts feature renewed by YWG. Or, simply just use pre-patched rom via WOOD for the newer games.