1. This forum is in read-only mode.

having an issue with dolphin...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tomoka, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

it seems when ever i try to click stop or press the X to exit dolphin, or pick another game the following happens...

[​IMG]

the reason i'm posting about this, is because i believe the issue to be with my computer, it happens on even old revisions, that never did that before i reformatted again...so i guess the question is, do i need to install something to fix this? if so what....

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What are your computer specs?

Laptop or Desktop?
    Processor
    Operating System
    Ram
    Video Card

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well...i figured specs didn't matter, i had it working perfectly before i formatted but oh well...

laptop,
    Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 processor,
    windows 7 ultimate X64,
    RAM....i've installed so much i don't remember....
    and...i dunno what my video card is, but i don't think that should have anything to do with it....

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Driver issues could cause programs to error like that...
    It's important to know what you are using when trying to run emulators.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

here's a screenie of the download page for the driver i've always used...

[​IMG]

i'm using a Toshiba satellite P505-S8980 Laptop.... i know i got some sort of shit graphics card though....it can't even run star wars : KOTOR II.....

6. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

part of it is that dolphin is STILL unstable software. Expect it to crash often.

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try updating your graphic driver, and direct x.
    This is a common issue when using the Rev build, either the emulator configurations was messed up, especially the graphic plugins or the drivers were outdated.

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

my drivers were updated last year sometime.....but i only get the problem when quitting, it doesn't do anything during gameplay.....just when stopping a ROM, or exiting it....that's why i believe i may be missing something...dunno what though....because i stopped using my geek squad disks, so i got a windows 7 x64 bit and reinstalled everything manually, that's whyi'm missing quite a few things still....i don't even have my sound driver installed (but sound works....)

9. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Dont worry about crashing( i think the unload runtime isnt well), just Quit proccess and start it again,its the fastest and easiest method at this point of time