1. This forum is in read-only mode.

have you ever felt FEAR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze107, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Blaze107

Blaze107 Well-Known Member

So I was reading the one Gamefaqs help article about roms and realized Seph and the rom providers put themselves at personal risk just to keep this site alive. This isint an underground site anymore; its getting quite alot of attention. Have those facts ever stop you from doing what you do? btw I would have put more detail in this post but Im typing with a psp

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hmm, there's been a few threads like this. Hard to find them. No rom providers or dumpers have actual part in this site remember. If you didn't know, it was shut down by ESA, but then the server moved to a country where they couldn't do shit. But it's still up and running.

3. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yep, apparently since the server is in a different country, unless that country start applying laws against putting up illegal ROMS then I guess it should be fine. Still, Im thinking that the forums can go on despite having to remove downloads should anything happen.

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

This is why we have a small community, big places attract attention :)

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

RomUlation has been shut down once before, the community continued on strong. If worse comes to worse then RomUlation can always switch to being a torrent tracker, im sure everyone here would be more than willing to seed. Hosting torrents isn't illegal, although the content of the torrent may be, the torrent itself is legal.

6. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

i'd gladly upload stuff for RomUlation :p

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well if Romulation need another conttry to host, Malaysia is a good place since our gaverment didnt care about pirated game and roms....they only care about pirated DVD and CD.....

8. syx

syx Active Member

Well, as long as there's some people with dedication, we'll keep on running...
    ain't we?

9. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ yeah id say so :)

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It would depend where the files are on which the torrents are based on also.

11. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

i hope this site... will keep move on... forever :-\

12. Roy mustang

Roy mustang Well-Known Member

Where is the mother server for romulation located anyway?

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Canada, but we actually have five servers in different places.

14. Roy mustang

Roy mustang Well-Known Member

Ah ok thanks ;D