1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Have I just bricked my ds?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by scottishmum, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottishmum

scottishmum Member

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh :'(

I just tried a dstt card, bought from deal extreme. I loaded it up with v 1.17 from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ and now it appears to have blown a fuse.

Is it just coincidence, as the ds has been switching itself off recently? Its flashing a green light and flashes white on the top screen then immediately turns itself off.

I was testing the card that I'd done for a friend, thank god I hadn't tried it on theirs.

Thanks for your help.

C x

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What happens when you power it up with no card?

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Perhaps, although a full would have rendered it so it could only be turned on and then it would turn off shortly after, or it would not turn on at all of course.

4. scottishmum

scottishmum Member

Nothing happening, the power light is flashing green and switching straight off again.

5. anandjones

Then yes you have most likely.

6. scottishmum

scottishmum Member

Nothing that can be done with it Anand?

Jeezo, is there a card out there that is reliable?

7. scottishmum

scottishmum Member

Have sent it to a guy who will replace the fuse on it.

Have just done some reading and I'm guess that I can still use the cards but with the v 1.15 of the software?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it sounds like it is a DSTT clone not an original, in which case you need to find out what the real name of the clone is and get the right firmware for it.

9. anandjones

1.16, 1.17 is the breaker.

10. scottishmum

scottishmum Member

Hi, I thought I'd give a wee update.

Seems the cards as perfectly fine, it was just purely a coincidence that the ds gave up the ghost when I put this card in. I have also checked them out on the ndstt website.

There was water damage and the motherboard packed in. Apparently there was some corrosion evident. The fuses are fine, but the motherboard would need replaced and also the top shell needs replaced as there's a bit broken on it. So its uneconomical to repair.

Thanks Anand for your input. So its off to Argos tomorrow to purchase a brand new ds. ::)

C x

11. scottishmum

scottishmum Member

Oops and thanks to you too Loonylion

12. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

lool so it was just the ttds card's mother board

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, the DS motherboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.