1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Haseo's Sword

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by mastergods, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mastergods

mastergods Well-Known Member

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs35/300W/i/2008/311/9/0/Cosplay__Hack_g_u__Haseo_by_GhoulSoul.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dothack/images/thumb/2/21/Haseo2-1.jpg/424px-Haseo2-1.jpg

Any ideas here how to make the sword with out it weighing as much as me yet strong enough not to fall about when swinged?

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Make it hollow
    Make it out of wood and paint it metallic

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not wood, it would weigh more than metal. either do it hollow or make it out of aluminium or titanium. Or carbon fibre.

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yeah Carbon Fibre would be good
    Metal could be dangerous

5. mastergods

Carbon Fibre? how would that work?

6. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

plastic

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's got a close durability to metal but is quite light and not too sharp or damaging

8. bhatooth

make it out of paper

9. Loonylion

not rigid enough.

10. bhatooth

how about grow some muscles?

11. mastergods

Not funny! and have you looed at the sword? anyone would get tired of carrying it around for three days.

12. bhatooth

no i mean it

or make a pocket for it so you dont have to hold it tie it on our back

13. andrew100

andrew100 Well-Known Member

maybe that sword is really flat and is made from plastic or carbon fibre or some light metal

14. mastergods

I thouht that two till I saw it on you tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EW7nw1uPeQ

15. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Make it move just like in game?

16. PKMNDPR

PKMNDPR Member

Make the hilt and blade out of carbon fiber, the little attachments on the blade out of either more carbon fiber (Funding providing, I know not the cost of carbon fiber), or out of... Paper mache (Rubber cement, my friend).

As for painting it, depending upon if you want to keep it or not, use something along the lines of a water based paint, and add a coat of water proofing onto it (Depending if you think it will get wet or not). Otherwise, use a paint that works on carbon fiber and stays on it (Drippy colors, not so good).

As for making it move like in game, good luck with that, I HIGHLY doubt you can do that without making the whole thing paper. Or maybe Plastic.

ALSO: Beware, carbon fiber has a nasty habit of splintering, so don't hit it on anything, unless you like carbon fiber splinters. In that case, whack away, my friend.

17. mastergods

Thanks from the help PK. I am going with Extruded Polystrene( really hard foam) its hard but light and the right size. as for making it work, thats the easy part, hard part is keeping it cutting intot he foam.

18. PKMNDPR

PKMNDPR Member

Aye, glad to be of service. I didn't think of Extruded Polystrene. Good idea, and good luck.

19. Loonylion

careful what you hold it together with, some glues will melt that stuff.

20. mastergods

I was not planing on using glue at all. The sheets come big enough for the sword. So I plan on just carving it out with a wood saw. Now if only I was an artest to paint on it, any iedas on that?