1. This forum is in read-only mode.

has anyone heard of sandboxie program?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragneon007, Apr 10, 2010.

1. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

and is it worth using? I came across this sandboxie program which I'll qoute

" If you want to browse without any worry of getting infected, try a sandbox app like Sandboxie (http://www.sandboxie.com/)

A sandboxed app means it runs in it's own isolated environment (just like a quarantine chamber) and anything that is happening is trapped within the sandbox. Which means, if you get infected, everything in the sandbox can be discarded, and your system is untouched."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GueXMq-Vyi8
    A look at how Sandboxie makes malware a thing of the past. File recovery is also covered. "

is it really worth checking out? I'm not sure if this was tje correct thread for this or maybe I should have posted in none emulation help.. anyway I really want to be able to be protected on the internet and i'm willing to try anything that will help me stray safe from maleware and viruses

I have trend micro anti virus and maleware bytes but is that enough?

2. shadowzero21

shadowzero21 Guest

the sandboxie program is awesome i wish i had this program 2 years ago because
    malware download its self to my laptop and destroyed it thanks for posting this

3. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

4. dragneon007

I haven't actually tried it yet, but I plan too and was wondering if anyone eles heard of it?

5. titen96

titen96 Well-Known Member

ive had it for a while and it does what it says, i once got some malware through a torrent and it only spread to a certain area of the hard drive and not on the system files so it saved me the probem of having to restore any corrupted files or reinstall any programs

6. dragneon007

ok this is a stupid question, but does this protect me from viruses? or is it considered the same thing?

7. titen96

titen96 Well-Known Member

it does not exactly if you get a virus in that part all the files in that can be deleted except some files you select