1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon - Sunshine Islands ROM GLITCH HELP!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cholewi1, Jan 7, 2013.

1. cholewi1

cholewi1 New Member

I'm using Desmume emulator. When I go to open my fridge or cabinet, the entire screen goes BLACK. How do I fix this? I've tried different desmume versions, turning on/off cheats, changing the frame skip etc...

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Probably a glitch due to using too many cheats. Probably because of the cheats, your save file became corrupted. It's certainly not due to anti-piracy because the game was from 2009. And there's no patching tool to patch the rom either.

I'd suggest you to remove the save file else where first, then try playing from scratch minimize the number of cheats in use, if the issue still persist, then maybe it's the rom that had been damaged. In which case, download a fresh rom copy from somewhere, and you might want to re-use that old save file again to see if it's fixed or not. Most important within the DeSmuMe settings is to make sure you have the save file type set properly, otherwise a new save file might be generated on top of the existing or even fail to save. Also, make sure both rom and save file are named the exact same to the dot.

3. cholewi1

cholewi1 New Member

Well I've gotten pretty far in the game so I'd rather not start over if possible... I have tried downloading a completely new rom and still had the same problem. In terms of the save type how do I know which to use? And the file names are the exact same I checked too. I have also tried exporting the save as a .SAV for no$gba and running the game from that emulator but it won't read my save file when I convert it.

Thank you so much for your response!

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you turn of the cheats, the same happen ?.

for your no$gba, try running it through no$zoomer as it helps no$gba fix some issues.

Here is a full package: http://www.mediafire.com/?js0l3kmi9pxigiu

5. cholewi1

cholewi1 New Member

Even with the cheats off, this happens. I tried your no$zoomer idea and the exact same thing happens too!! AHH!
    How do I use the debugger?

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Don't use the debugger, for skill ppl.

You have anyone who you could borrow a real DS and Flashcard... and put your game and save file onto.

These two emulators are not the only ones around.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nds/

are Duos

http://ds-duos.blogspot.co.uk/

7. cholewi1

cholewi1 New Member

Yes I've tried different emulators. I'm pretty sure it's my rom that is corrupt.

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

As I've suspected, it's now proven:
    If you decide to start over, try not to use too many cheats. Using cheats ruin the fun out of playing the game, it'll just make the game boring and diminish the challenges it was suppose to provide. Not to mention the risk of causing save file corruption.

9. JoeyRafella7

JoeyRafella7 New Member

For those people who use Desmume playing Sunshine Islands, I found out what the problem is, it's the Cabinet and Fridge S Rank code. The other S Rank code for the cabinet or fridge add extra items, that doesn't cause a glitch but if you had items in the Cabinet or fridge, and it gets too full some of the existing items will be erased just a warning. If you should need to convert items to S Rank, use the rucksack code instead and you shouldn't have a problem.

Another thing, if you should use cheats, never save a game with cheats on, I haven't ran into problems using that method yet. Hope this helps =)