1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands - Problem with Horse Race

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by nebok0, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nebok0

nebok0 Member

When attempting to view the game instructions by using the sled in the barn the game freezes right after Mirabelle starts talking. If I try practicing it appears to work, but making sounds into the mic (I usually blow air into it) doesn't do anything and the soundtrack doesn't appear to work, I just hear this strange buzzing noise. Also RTS can't be accessed during that time. But, the race will finish, just at the slowest time possible. The same thing happens during the actual contest. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm using an M3DSReal, and I've tried both the latest Sakura and regular firmware. I also tried redownloading the rom here and elsewhere (although they both appear to be the same ones from the size, I couldn't find any others). Any suggestions outside of buying the game? I really like Harvest Moon games, but they are kind of painful and I hate starting over...
    Post Merge: [time]1259390720[/time]
    I figured out a solution myself, you have to turn of RTS... Does anyone know a way around this? Or is it a problem with the card and I have to wait for a firmware update that might fix it?

2. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

As the problem is only happening while using RTS then it is most likely to be a firmware issue, probably best to submit a bug report to the M3 team.

3. princesstylez

princesstylez New Member

I'm having the same problem and I have an itouchds. I'm so disappointed, I don't want to play anymore! haha

4. thiefraccoon

thiefraccoon New Member

i had the same problem with a r4 clone. (from r4rts.cn)
    it didn't have RTS, but i turned off the soft-reset, and it worked fine! :D
    if anybody else has this problem, they should try turning off soft reset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.