1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon Island of Happiness

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by aquaboy123, Aug 31, 2008.

1. aquaboy123

aquaboy123 Active Member

WHat exactly are you supposed to do in this game? Ive played like for 2 hours and all ive been doing is farm. Is there even a storyline?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That's usually all you do, I played the previous one (forgot), it was 3D, but all I did was farm and talk to people and do quests and stuff..

3. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

From my experience, that's basically it for harvest moon. Grow crops, earn money, settle down and get married. Basically, its kinda similar to the sims in a way.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

The SIMs yes, but a lot more frustrating.

Try tending crops, feeding Chickens, cows & sheep, gathering eggs, shearing wool, milking cows, making cheese, & Mayonnaise in one day a few minutes long. Really when you have too much chores towards the middle of the games they aren't that much fun. But the marrying with a kid is Awesome though.

5. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

It differs individually really, I must have played six harvest moon games. 2 on GBC, 2 on DS, 1 on PS1 and 1 on PSP. About four of which I reached till the 3rd year or at least complete the game. All of which I had to farm over and over again to complete. And honestly, if you give me a good harvest moon game right now, I can say that I will play it.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

So will I, it's just if you get carried away it gets tough.

7. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

if you need help, try www.fogu.com/hm/

that site contains everything you need for harvest moon

the island of happiness page is www.fogu.com/hm7/

8. aquaboy123

aquaboy123 Active Member

how do i get to fish and take care of animals and stuff all im doing is farm farm farm

9. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Seriously go to http://www.fogu.com/hm
    Its like a site dedicated to harvestmoon

10. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

i think this is a hard game... i don't like playing with touch screen...

and why the energy of my character is so low... i can't even watering all my plants

11. zalex2k6

zalex2k6 Member

For some reason my says error... wat emulator shud i use or do i just have to redownload it?

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

no$gba 2.6a.

13. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Im also playing Sim City Creator, and its like Harvest Moon... Well not really :D

14. Noop

Noop Member

For those of you who haven't had a chance to checkout "Rune Factory" for the DS, I highly recommend you do so. It's a harvest moon game but it's hella badass, probably one of the best imho.

It has a much more in depth rpg element to it than the original harvest moons and I would say is considerably more polished.

15. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

This version of harvest moon its not really lucrative to start farming unless you have your wonderful tools. Just scavenge around and eat grasses if you need energy. You should be able to get around 10k in your first spring and thats much more than what you get for working hard at your farm.

16. msrbbb

msrbbb Member

this version of the harvest moon franchise is a bit of let down. iv played most of them and inc the old snes one which is rare to get hold of now a days :(. love the harvest moon francise as reminds me of what its like here in Uk in suffolk (where i live) also if u want a decent rpg/ farming/ adventure game i suggest runefactory 1 and 2 when it comes out. brings a whole new exp to the havestmoon franchise

17. Gaara92

Gaara92 Member

Well, maybe you can search the walktrough on the net, it's very useful... :D

18. boots6

boots6 New Member

I'd also recommend Rune Factory if you get a bit bored playing Harvest Moon Island of Happiness. I do love all the Harvest Moon games (I'm addicted); but Rune Factory brings more action to the game. I can't wait until no. 2 arrives. :)

19. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

most simulation games are pretty fun but some are to repetitive

20. Wolfdemonpaw

Wolfdemonpaw Well-Known Member

Rune Factory 1 is a cool game but RF2 is a lot better i think but i do hate the limited amount of stuff in the first gen part of RF2