1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon DS: Sunshine Islands Watering Question

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mcoupe69, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

Ok I have played harvest moons in the past and also rune factory..but this confuses me.. i played 2 sets of turnip seeds on the first day , its the third day at the moment and the turnip seeds changed to the point where you can see the leaves sticking out of the ground.. i start to water them like i did the previous days...but when i try to walk over one to get to the ones in the middle...i am blocked... i can't walk over the damn growing turnips to water the inner ones... wtf am i doing wrong xD knowing me it is probably something really simple and embarrassing :I

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Are you using 3 x 3?
    well, that is common.
    many people use that method to get lots of profit when harvesting.
    don't worry about the middle one though, you only lose little money.

but, if you upgrades your Watering can.
    maybe when you charged it, the water may reached the middle one..
    like in all Harvest Moon games..

3. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

so wait wtf...i thought you were suppose to set em up in 3x3s .. if i remember correctly in rune factory you could make 3x3s and just walk right over em while they are still growing and water every one... if this is the case in this game however wtf am i suppose to do? dont the seeds only plant in 3x3 squares? this doesn't make any sense to me.. someone clarify a bit plz :|

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

You can set them to any size you want, but most people use 3x3.

Well, In Rune Factory, you can walk right over the growing corps, but no for Harvest Moon, since you don't have option to do so.

You can use any size for the squares.
    e.g 3X2

the seeds will only cover(when you throw it to the square tiles) 3x3.. maximum...
    and cover only the area that have squares(using hoe)

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Active Member

Welcome to Harvest Moon. Rune Factory was a crap spin off. You can upgrade your watering can to reach that middle square or just look online for the ideal plot (i cant remember what it is right now)

6. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

now that i think about it wouldn't it be smarter just to make 3x3s with a row of space between them so the only crop you couldn't get to is the very middle 1*

7. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

you will regret using 3*3's when you plant crops that provide more than one harvest per seeding, like tomatos. 3*3 is good for things like carrots, or anything else that requires you to re-seed after harvesting.

8. steirina

steirina Active Member

Attaching two red Wonderfuls and one blue Wonderful to your watering can will let you water a 3x3 plot in one go. You need to buy a watering can with three slots from Gannon, as the one you get at the beginning doesn't have any slots. Chen sells one red Wonderful and one blue Wonderful in his shop, so buying these should be a priority. As for the second red Wonderful, hope you get lucky and win them in a contest, or that Chen somehow sells one in the Winter. The Wonderful system in this game is such a pain, really. xp

Also, I haven't tested this personally [since I'm in the Winter season at the moment], but I read somewhere [whether it was in fogu or a walkthrough for HM:SI, I can't recall] that if you stand beside a crop in the second row and poke the middle crop with your stylus, you can harvest it. In rough diagram form: o = you, x = crops

xxx
    oxxx
    xxx

9. vhunter

vhunter Member

although it was nice that in rune factory you can water all the crops in the 3x3 square because then you can get the middle one to grow...