1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon DS Island of Happiness

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by kamage, Aug 31, 2008.

1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Well, some of us are happy to know that a new Harvest moon is already out, Here's the link:

https://www.romulation.org/NDS/2610_-_Harvest_Moon_DS_Island_of_Happiness_(U)(JunkRat).rar.html

Harvest Moon has long been known as a 2 dimensional "SIM" game, slowly making its way up the ladder, into the game market. Harvest moon is basically...Life: Farm, live, solve basic problems, it's a simulation okay!

The ideal goal in this game is the same as in real life: Be happy, make money, and live.

Previous titles include:

Just go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Harvest_Moon_titles

Official discussion: Down there :p

2. taylorphan

taylorphan Well-Known Member

i tried it out but didnt really like it because of the controls and how u cut/grow crops

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Isn't it 3D? The last one was 3D.

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I just loaded it up, so I'm starting to play it... and the 3d graphics mak eit too confusing.

5. anandjones

So please correct it then :)

6. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

I've been a HM fan boy since I played the SNES version in zSnes XD

its a definite time waster but alas I'm not happy with the controls for this one either though overall the game's fine

7. defcon07

defcon07 New Member

btw, how to get material to upgrade my items? i can't sort it out. How to get materials like copper etc?

8. DJS5590

DJS5590 Member

different system this time round: the way to make tools better is to use things called Wonderfuls. They come in different colours and add certain abilities to the tools (I've only found Yellows so far, and those allow you to cut/crush larger stumps/stones etc.). The system is virtually the same as Materia from FF7.

The tools you start off with only have 1 Slot for a wonderful, so you have to buy the same tools off Gannon once you've used it for a while, and he will stock tools with more slots for Wonderfuls to upgrade the tools.

To add wonderfuls. talk to Charlie in Chen's shop in the evenings, and he does it for free providing you have Wonderfuls in your bag

9. defcon07

defcon07 New Member

woah, cool! How do i get wonderfuls?

10. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

mmm this game needs a guide bad :p

11. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

check www.fogu.com/hm7

12. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'm hating the controls.. I want the button back!

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You should look for a patch that enables D-pad movement (is this what you're talking about? I haven't bothered playing this one yet).
    I know they have one for Zelda TPH.

14. anandjones

Yeah they do, although it's actually horrible.