1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Happy Eid ul-Fitr!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodVayne, Sep 30, 2008.

1. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right place >.> . But to all Muslim Romulation members, have a happy Eid ul-Fitr! Eid Mubarok, etc. etc. :) .

2. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! A fellow muslim!! Eid Muburak!!!

I hear Eid is at different times in places... are you in Britain? Apparently in Bangladesh it's tommorow.

Mum cooking a great big feast right now can't wait!! Hope the fasting wasn't too hard this year and may the rest of the year bring you good fortunes and happiness inshallah

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I can't remember much about it, but if I am correct the timing of Eid is calculated by the moon, if so then yes it will be different depending on your location. Long time since I studied Islam though.

4. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

I live California and its not till Thursday but I think Sunni out here are stopping tomorrow.

5. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

Yes, islamic years are under lunar calenday as that was the calender at the time of prophet Muhamed (PBUH).

Just out is question, shouldn't all religons follow lunar calender?, because the solar calender was created after the births of these religons. (Please i'm not looking for a fight here.)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they quite probably did at one point, they just changed when the lunar calendar fell out of common use. After all, its easier for people to understand a system they commonly use. Evidently Muslims learn to use more than one system. I wouldnt like to say what calendar pagans use, we do a lot of stuff based on both the moon and seasons. I guess if it came to it, it could well be the lunar. Christianity started around Roman times (before that it was Judaism) and I assume used the Roman calendar before switching to Gregorian.

7. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Muslims in my christian internet?

Hope you guys have fun holidays!

8. nabila1

nabila1 New Member

Eid Mubarak to all the memebers of romulation.net., hope you have a lovly eid!!!

9. sydwert

sydwert New Member

its today(wed) where i live but im not muslim and strangely enough, neither is ANYONE in my class of 43. thats 43 people in the class not the class of year '43.
    so its a public holiday today, no work, no school. which is a damn waste since its also 'children's day'. grade 6 and down have no school anyway. waste...

10. terrorblade

terrorblade New Member

Eid Mubarak even tho its late.. yeah eid was yesterday... other countries shudnt be doin eid on any other day.. but due to nationalism they do...

11. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

It was Eid where all of you other guys are when I made this topic yesterday, and today is Eid where I live (Indonesia). It's USUALLY a day later than when all of the other countries (read: Western hemisphere) celebrate it. Blame it on our government, lol.