1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Halo Wars is going to be an RTS?!

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by cjdogger, Oct 11, 2008.

1. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

halo already sucks.

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

That's your opinion.

4. dcbaeces

dcbaeces Member

cjdogger it's also your opinion that RTS sucks just because it's not a RPG or FPS. Plus Halo Wars was announced as a RTS when they first announced the game about six or seven months ago.

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I haven't got a problem with games that aren't shooters or RPG's
    It's the RTS genre, it's not quite an RPG or a Shooter but has some aspects from them, and yes, my opinion is that RTS's suck but this topic isn't about people's opinions on Halo

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Contradiction.

7. baldjared

baldjared Well-Known Member

I personally don't like Halo at all but regardless of that what's the problem you don't like RTS' skip Halo Wars and stick to Halo 3, it's not like they're killing the FPS Halo franchise, moreover they aren't even using Bungie resources to make Halo Wars it's Ensemble Studios making it and they make nothing but RTS'.

Your argument against RTS' sounds more like it comes from a lack of actual time spent playing them because there are a lot that don't really have any RPG or shooter aspects, unless you'll count something as mundane as leveling up an RPG aspect or having an archer as an aspect of a shooter, but I won't argue about it you're free to have that opinion and more then likely if you don't like them now spending more time on them won't sway you.

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Thanks baldjared, your post is the most unbiased and useful post in this topic, thanks for the info too :)

9. baldjared

baldjared Well-Known Member

I try, enjoy your Halo 3 when it comes out :)

10. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

I thought everybody knew that...
    The genre is normally the first thing you find out about a game after the name....

haha...lolz

11. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Personally, i think the game play of halo is brilliant and challenging, but i'm with loony on this one. Halo sucks. Multiplayer is so boring and annoying and is the down turn of the game. It takes more cred of the game than single player adds on. I'd like to see micro$oft make a change to their games

12. err

err Well-Known Member

Halo is a pretty good FPS. But it's also overrated too much. And all the Halo's pretty much are the same thing but with new graphics and a few new weapons here and there. I don't have nothing against but it does get boring after 3 games. I really don't care about Halo Wars at this point.

13. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Agreed.

And how have you only heard halo wars was a RTS now? im pretty sure I heard about it at last years (maybe even the year befores) E3. Pretty old news.

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

E3? I'm not that much of a game addict to watch/listen to people saying "this console is better", "So and so is revolutionising this game", blah blah blah...

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

My friend is so gonna get this. Although Halo should be just a shooter.

16. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

don't worry cj i heard that bungie is making another FPS halo, but it will be composed of a new story so it won't be the same-old master chief

17. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

You mean Halo 3: Recon, right?

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Is there any point in this topic anymore? I don't think so...

19. icefire34

yea i think so. i dunno if that's the name though

20. icefire34

oh wait. just checked it up and yea its halo 3 recon