1. This forum is in read-only mode.

halo movie to come?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lugia543, Apr 29, 2010.

1. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

sorry if I'm posting in wrong section since I don't know where this goes. The movie halo is rumored to be a movie and to be released in february of 2012. no information yet has been released about it except for the release date and well the rumored producer to be steven spielburg.

read it here: http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7261:iesb-exclusive-master-chief-and-halo-may-be-coming-to-the-big-screen-sooner-than-expected-with-a-new-big-name-producer&catid=43:exclusive-features&Itemid=73

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I've heard about this for the past 4 years... :\

No big shock to me as I don't worship Halo.
    I just play it whenever I go to a friend's house IF they even have Halo.
    I am no big fan of it (I don't notice anything significant about it), but I would rather not see a movie made out of it...

3. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

it was announced in 2008 actually

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Peter Jackson was to helm the Halo movie, but he ditched out to do District 9, and then Peter Jackson canceled it, and support for it died. Don't expect it to come out.

There was a Metroid movie announced sometime in 2002 also, won't come out.

5. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

It will come out and it's going to be so terrible that not even Halo fanboys will be able to enjoy it leading to a mass explosion of their heads, destroying the world.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, however long ago.

I can only hope!! ;D

7. Silvertie

Silvertie Well-Known Member

Even if it ever got made, it'd be pretty garbage. Too much plotless action. If we included it, it'd be boring, and if it got left out, lolhueg plot hole through the "level".

8. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

lol true dat. halo has not much of a story except saving the world from aliens. there aren't that much story sequences in the game so if the writer of the story would acutally "make" a story, it'll just be pointless garbage.

9. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Have you PLAYED Halo? There's absolutely shitloads of story if you actually care to find out and listen to the cutscenes.
    But I think the movie will be...interesting. It's sad how none of teh game movies (bar Pokemon) turn out good but fingers crossed

10. gaynorvader

Really? Could you explain it to me, I seemed to have missed it every time I played the games. All I remember is a rather shallow story about how the ancients(wow, original) had wiped out life to starve the flood, but it didn't work. Now the covenant; a group of aliens who believe the rings that wipe out life will lead them to heaven (which actually makes no sense whatsoever, but we'll ignore that for now). The humans try to stop them, then they accidentally attack Earth and the humans beat them back and pursue them. I honestly don't understand what happened in 3, it was very poorly presented.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes and I didnt see much story either.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Halo had a good story...

But really, we got enough with halo legends...

And if they don't post halo 3 or the other's to pc, I'm gonna loose interest :(

13. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

1. If the Halo movie is in production hell, Uwe Boll should step up. Not like it'd make much difference, amirite?

2. If any game is going to be moviefied, why not Heavy Rain? Oh wait...

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As long as the main actor doesn't talk, remove his helmet and is voiced by the same actor who does the games I'm good...provided master chief is in it.

If not, NO big name actors that we all know, ruins the illusion :(

15. gaynorvader

David Hayter should voice act him! :p

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

He does too many people...if it is him who does master chief I'd be surprised...

17. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

it will just suck like all the other game films.
    games from films suck too, i threw hitman dvd out the window

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Only good game film is...err...other than final fantasy 7 and resident evil degeneration which are directly related to the games...

...silent hill?

19. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

i thought resident evil films were average at best, silent hill wasn't too bad i suppose
    Advent children was great, but im probably biased. it is my favourite game.

oh i just thought, star wars battlefront 2 was great!!
    and kotor 1 + 2